fiasco pt. 2

We all gathered around the table and prepared to eat. Niki sat at the end of the table, Wilbur sat diagonal of her. Karl sat on the other side of Niki, also diagonal of her. Luke sat next to Karl, Alex sat next to Wilbur. Darryl sat next to Alex and I sat across from Darryl. My sister sat next to me and Ant sat with his brother. Sam, the green haired boy, sat next to Ant.

Karl clapped his hands together happily, "Let's eat!" He said excitedly. He was grinning widely as he grabbed for some fried chicken.

Karl starting eating away and everyone started joining him. I grabbed one or two cookies and cut myself some steak. I kicked Darryl under the table, playfully. He kicked back occasionally and it became a little game.

Alex started laughing at himself. He stopped and turned to look at Darryl. "Hey badboyhalo," he said smugly, plotting something.

"Hm?" Darryl says, chewing on a piece of steak while kicking my feet.

"Do you like meat? I see you're enjoying that steak," Alex continued. He started to chuckle to himself.

"Hm, yeah, I like it. Why?" Darryl said, continuing to chew on steak.

Alex nudged Wilbur and started laughing. Wilbur ignored him and focused on chewing on his drumstick. I started to sip on a glass of water Karl poured for me.

"You can have my meat," Alex said, batting his eyelashes at Darryl.

I choked on my water. Awkward laughs from Karl and Niki. Luke and Sam laughed loudly. "Alex.." Niki says slowly.

"Hm?" Darryl looks at Alex's plate, "You don't have any meat."

Wilbur, Luke, Alex, and Sam (the boy Sam) started laughing hysterically. Ant patted Darryl on the back as he sat confused.

I leaned next to Luke, who was still laughing. "Does he do that with everyone?" I whispered.

"Basically," Luke answered.

I nodded. I continued to sip on a the glass of water. The group around us chattered. Darryl and I stayed mostly stayed silent. We stared at each other and kicked each other from under the table.

It went silent and the sound of forks clanking against plates filled the room. Alex stared at Darryl, then at me, then at Darryl again. He signaled to us, "Look at these two making goo-goo eyes."

I shot one final kick on his shin before I stopped and continued eating. "Ow!" Darryl yelped as he grabbed his shin. I laughed to myself as I stuck a fork through some pie.

I got a stares but I focused on my plate. I stuck the fork in my mouth and started chewing. I looked at Darryl to was holding onto his shin. "Sorry," I mouthed.

He tilted his head, barely and glared at me playfully. We smirked at each other, taking the attention of the others. "Ok," Alex said stretching out his words. He clapped his hands together, "Wilbur, can you sing us a song."

"If it'll spice things up," Wilbur got up and grabbed his guitar from the living room. It was laying down on the couch.

He strummed through the strands of the guitar. "Any song recommendations?" Wilbur asked.

Darryl gasped. "You should sing 'Happy Birthday'. We should do a group singing," he said excitedly.

"I'll do a solo first," Wilbur cleared his throat. "Happy birthday~" He sang in a husky yet angelic voice.

"To you," he swayed back and forth like the rest of us. He looked at Niki as he sang, seeing as she was the one he was singing to.

After he was down singing, we all clapped and praised him. "Thank you, thank you," Wilbur bowed in his seat.