bed, floor, or couch

We had just finished lunch. We went upstairs wondering what to do again.

"Do you want to change first? You must be hot from wearing that all day."

He was wearing a black hoodie and gray sweatpants.

"I'd rather wear long sleeves." I dug in my wardrobe. I found my favorite blue hoodie and tossed it to him. He looked at me waiting for me to do something.

"Can you turn around." He asked.

Those words made me realize how weird my staring must have been. "Yeah. Sure." I whipped my head around.

"Done." I turned back to him.

"Want to change your pants too?"

"No thanks."

I checked the time. 5:56. "Want to go somewhere. I'm bored."

"Sure." Darryl seemed bored too.

"Let's go to the park. I want to walk my dog." I grabbed the leash on my TV stand.

He followed me out the door. Rocco was in my living room, so we headed down stairs. He saw the leash in my hands and trotted towards me. I attached the leash to him and me and Darryl walked out the door.

We walked down the side walk until we had to cross the road to cross the street. We walked to a park bench when we saw Clay and George. We didn't expect to see them here.

Darryl waved to them but I quickly pulled his hand down. They must've saw me because they called out our names.

Rocco pulled me off the bench. "Let's go. It look like he doesn't want a break." I helped Darryl get up from the bench.

As Darryl and I walked further from the benches, I could hear Clay say "Do you think they were on a date?"

As I heard George snicker I directed a middle finger to them. Darryl pulled my arm down and looked at me. "Language."

"What?"

"Nothing." He was giggling.

Rocco pulled us to a near by tree to uh- do his business. After he was done we went to a nearby cafe. Clay and George saw us walk in and followed after us.

I think they wanted to spy on us to see if we were on a date. I ordered a cream cheese bagel and he ordered a ham and cheese croissant.

Clay and George sat in a table behind us with their hoods on thinking we couldn't see them.

"Sorry about earlier." I heard Darryl say. I gave him a confused look. "At the bridge."

I knew George and Clay were behind us so I didn't want him to say anything too personal.

I patted him on the shoulder. "Don't worry about it. We should get going soon. Rocco doesn't like it in here."

We exited the cafe and decided it was time to go home.

"What time is it?" Darryl asked as I pulled out my phone.

"6:41" I could tell George and Clay were still following us.

"Does that mean we'll sleep soon." He frowned. "Where am I sleeping."

"My house. Duh." I realized how bad that sounded. Clay and George were quietly giggling like little girls.

"No, like the bed, the floor, the couch."

I haven't thought of that yet. "Let's make a fort in my room and sleep in it." I suggested. It was little kid stuff but it was fun.

"Yes! And we can stay up all night watching scary movies!" We both laughed.

"If we want to watch TV, then the fort has to be on the bed so we can see it."

"Are we both sleeping on the bed then?"

"I mean yeah. Unless you don't want to do the fort." I turned away from looking at his face. I sounded so gay right now. My face was heating up.

Rocco led us home and I could see from the corner of my eye that Clay and George turn and stopped stalking us once we got inside my house.

I took the leash off of Rocco and let him run to my sister. "Should I set up the fort?"

"Yeah. Is it okay if I take a shower?" Darryl asked me as we got upstairs.

"Sure. Just lock the door and make sure no one is in there."

I tossed him clothes. I tossed him a black short sleeved shirt and black and white shorts.

"Thanks." He said exiting my room.

I prepared the fort, tucking blankets behind the frame of my bed. On the other side of the beds stacked two pillows both on opposite sides, letting the rest of the blanket rest on the pillows.

There was a small space between the mattress and the blanket where I planned to sleep. The TV was across the bed.

I went to the space under the covers and went on my phone. I couldn't help but hear the constant spam of texts coming from Darryl's phone, which was on my nightstand. I was curious about who they were coming from.

I peaked my head out from under the covers and reached for the phone. I immediately pulled my hand back under the covers when I heard the door swing open.

It was Darryl. He was still wearing the clothes from earlier. He threw the t-shirt and the shorts on the covers. "What are we watching first." He said grabbing his phone.

He frowned at his phone. I grabbed the remote and turned on the TV. "Not sure. You choose."  I opened HULU and put a filter making it show me only horror movies.

I saw him roll in bed next to me. "You sure you don't want to change." He was still wearing my favorite hoodie, but I didn't mind because he looked good in it. He shook his head.

He skipped through a couple of scary movies. He frowned and looked at me. "Does it have to be scary."

"Yes! Halloween is coming up."

"Fine. Can we just watch a Halloween movie and not a horror."

"Fine. But a 3am we're watching a horror." I giggled completely forgetting about earlier today.

———————————————————————————

Thank you for reading part 4 :)

———————————————————————————