who next

It was Monday. The day after Halloween.

We all went back to school. Our groups combined at school. When I walked into advisory with Vincent like I always did, we saw the idots talking to Darryl's group.

Clay sat alone, writing something down on a notebook. His arm was covering what he was writing. I wondered why he wasn't hanging out with the others.

I walked over to him, even though I felt uncomfortable talking to Clay ever since the sleepover.

"Hey Clay, what are you doing all alone?"

He quickly cover up his writing. "Nothing. Go away."

I saw a few words that stood out to me. The words were 'George', 'Darryl', 'mansion', 'Zak', 'next week '.

"I'm just trying to make sure you're ok." I told him, placing my hand on his arm, hoping it would startle him and make move his arm. He didn't though. Instead he moved my hand off his arm.

"I'm fine."

I didn't know why he was being so moody. I sat with the others. I talked to George first. "Do you know why Clay is being so moody?"

George shrugged. "I tried talking to him. I wouldn't say he's moody. He said he just wants to be alone right now."

I don't know what Clay was doing, but George, Darryl, and I were involved. It seemed to be secret. He didn't want anyone to know what he was doing. I felt uneasy.

Why was Clay writing about Darryl? Why was he writing about me? I tried to forget about it.

The teacher walked in. He had another person with him, we didn't know who they were though. The teacher sat down at his seat at told the mysterious man some instructions.

The bell rang. The teacher cleared his throat. "Attention class, before we take attendance this is Principal Eret. He's the substitute principal for the time being." A pause before he continued. "Unfortunately, Mr. Schlatt has gone missing during the weekend."

The class was in shock. I blended in, pretending I cared. Deep down, I was laughing. He won't get between me and Darryl now.

Clay didn't look too shocked. He just looked up from his book and looked back down. I guess he just didn't care.

Since they were on the subject of Schaltt, I wondered if there was anyone else in the way of me and Darryl. Being honest, murdering for the first time was a lot more scary then I thought it would be. But I did it for the thrill, the feeing of satisfaction after realizing you weren't going to get caught.

Possible people were Sam, George, Clay, and maybe Darryl's parents.

I couldn't do Sam. She was my sister. If I killed Sam, I would regret it eventually. George wasn't a big threat. If I were to do George, Darryl wouldn't have a place to stay, resulting in him going to his parents, which only meant him getting hurt. Clay, he didn't get in the way of me and my Darryl too much. He was just getting on my nerves. If I killed Darryl's parents, he could come back to school, especially since Schaltt was gone. But then again, that would make him an orphan. He would either have to go to an orphanage or have another family member take care of him. If that happen, I could ask George or one of our friends to get their parents to become his legal guardian. I would want my parents to do it, but I would feel like we would be siblings in a way. Then, we would have to stop dating.

Darryl's parents had a lot of reasons that it was a good idea to kill them. But then again, I wasn't 100% sure that Darryl was going to get adopted by one of our friends. If I asked them, "If Darryl ever lost his parents, would your parents adopt him?", they would know it's me, especially when Darryl's parents disappear after I ask them that.