soulmates and nightmares

TW: TALK ABOUT CHAPTER 2

"Sam asked me on a date and I said yes."

It took me a few seconds to process his words. I don't know why but I felt angry. I should've been happy for my sister and my friend, but I and Darryl got so close. We've only known each other for a few days but there was something about him. Maybe because he saved my life.

"That's great."  I gritted my teeth.

"Well, I just thought I needed to tell you. You're my best friend and you're her brother so I wanted to know if you're fine with it. If not I'll totally call it off."

Him calling me his best friend shocked me. I guess we were close enough to be best friends, but we've only known each other for two days.

"No no. It's good! You can go out, it's fine." I lied

He was the reason I started believing in fate. We met the day I was supposed to die. We were partners in class. We stopped each other from killing ourselves.

We were like soulmates. Platonic soulmates of course. Fate brought us together, just how fate brings soulmates together.

He smiled softly at me. His smile made me shiver. "Thanks. We're going out on Friday."

I nodded. He checked his phone and sighed. "I think I'm heading to bed a little early today."

I nodded. "Good night," I whispered. I decided to stay up for a little longer. It was only 8:29. I grabbed the remote and turned off the TV. I laid down next to Darryl while scrolling down on my phone.

This reminded me of when I slept next to Geo and Vince. They were separate times but they both were chaotic. With Darryl, there was a sense of peace. We both just laid down silently, Darryl occasionally rolling around.

The time flew as I scrolled through social media. It was already 11 when I noticed the time. I decided to go to sleep. I charged my phone and got up to off the lights. I sighed and rolled into bed next to Darryl.

I spent time thinking about today. Time thinking about Darryl and Sam. Do you think they'll start dating? I got upset by the thought.

I don't know why though. I should've been mad at Darryl since Sam is my sister, but I was mad at Sam. I should be happy for her. Maybe I should tell Darryl that Sam called off the date and she could get stood up.

I grabbed my hair. That's way too mean. But it'll take Darryl away from Sam and leave him with me. I sighed and closed my eyes. I'm being too possessive.

My train of thought was interrupted when I felt an arm around my chest. I felt Darryl's head rest on my back. My heart skipped a beat. I turned to see Darryl with his arms around me burying his face back.

"Darryl..?"

His head peeked up at me. There were tears in his eyes. He removed the arms he had around me and sat up. I sat up next to him. I put my arm on his shoulder.

"What's wrong?" I asked him quietly, trying to calm him down.

He rested his head on my shoulder which made my heart flutter. "I had a nightmare." I heard him whisper "My parents found me. Hurt you and Sam."

I put my head on his. "It was just a dream." I moved my arm to pull him closer. He wiped his tears.

"I'm sorry." He muttered.

"Let's go back to bed."

He nodded. I laid back down, feeling cold without his arm around me. That feeling went away when his arm came back.