Part 12

Ex-Princess of Anarchy

A/N: Let there be smut. ALOT of smut. Don't burn me at the stake...you are warned...

Jax called Clay and filled him in about everything going on. To say Clay was beyond pissed would have been an understatement. She could hear him cussing through the phone. Jax left out the part that Scarlett had tried to send Happy out of the room so that she could talk to Connor alone.

As they pulled up to Jax's house, Scarlett's phone rang, and she glanced at the caller ID.

"Who is it?" Jax asked as he turned the car off and took the key from the ignition.

"It is the detective from my case," she answered staring at her phone.

"You don't have to answer it right now," he said calmly.

"I do," she said quietly before answering the phone. "Hello?"

"Miss Virginia, where are you? I went to your campus and they said you are out this week," a man's voice came.

"I am in Charming detective. My father had a heart attack and I need to deal with a few personal things," she answered calmly.

"I am assuming someone told you what happened?" he asked, concern laced his voice.

"Oh, Connor himself showed up at the hospital and told me," she scoffed as she ran her fingers through her hair.

"I can't believe this is happening. Your case was perfect. Everything was documented and the evidence was damning," his voice came, full of anger and frustration.

"I know Daniel. I warned you that this could happen. His family can make anything disappear," she responded calmly.

"You are oddly calm about this," he stated.

"I kind of have my own protection detail right now," she said as she smirked at Jax.

"You actually told everyone at home what happened? I thought you never wanted anyone to know?"

"I had to. Once Connor showed up, I couldn't hide it anymore. I wasn't going to give him the power over my life anymore."

"Good girl. Look I am going to see what I can do on my end. I am going to go talk to your original judge and see how they feel. Something is not right about this. Try and stay away from Connor as much as possible. And do not slip your protection detail. You damn well gave me a heart attack the last time you did."

"Yes Daniel," she scoffed before hanging up her phone.

"Daniel?" Jax asked looking over at her.

"He was there for me after everything. He works primarily on sexual crimes. When I came to at the hospital, he was at my bedside. Another Detective tried to start grilling me, but he forced them to leave. He let me take my time with telling my story. He is a very caring gentleman. He checks in on me every week or so just to make sure I am ok. He is kind of like an older big brother to me," she answered honestly. "A lot older."

"Hey, I am glad someone was there for you and you didn't go through it alone," Jax said softly as he placed his hand on her cheek.

"You do know, I will eventually need to go get clothes," she smiled as she leaned into his touch.

"I will ask mom to run over and grab you some things. For now, you can wear some of my clothes to relax in," he responded as he opened his door and exited the car.

"Jax, I cannot stay here permanently. What about Wendy?" she asked as she climbed out of the passenger side.

"I told Wendy to leave after what happened last time. For now, you are. If I have to leave your side, not only will you have Happy, but I will call Hale and have units on you. I am not letting anything else happen to you because of him," he said calmly as he pulled her backpack from the backseat. "Let's get inside so you can email your professors. If you can avoid going back there at all, I would prefer it. Connor more than likely knows when you are going to return to campus."