Part 15

Ex-Princess of Anarchy

The next few days passed in a blur. Juice had managed to help Scarlett finish her papers and she submitted them all earlier then she expected. She had confirmed a meeting with the administration for Saturday morning and was now pacing Jax's living room as they prepared to leave.

"What if he sees us leave and follows?" she called to Jax as he packed a small bag in his bedroom.

"We aren't leaving from the house. We are going to the club and leaving from there," Jax called back.

"He knows my car Jax. He knows your bikes. This isn't going to work," she responded as she sunk onto the couch. She rubbed her hand down her face before rubbing the spots next to her temples.

"Darlin', we have a plan. Everything is going to work out. Connor won't know we are gone until tomorrow morning. By then, we will be in Portland," he said calmly as he squatted down in front of her.

"What is the plan?" she asked.

"I will tell you when we get to the clubhouse," he answered as he stood and offered her his hand. She quietly took it and stood up.

"Let's get this over with," she mumbled softly.

"It will be ok darlin'," he said softly in response.

"Jax, why is one of Unser's trucks here?" Scarlett asked as they pulled through the gate.

"All part of the plan darlin'," he responded as he parked her car between two large trucks.

"Why do I have a fear that I will not like this plan?" she sighed.

"You probably won't, but it will work," he answered as he turned the car off. "Don't grab any of your bags except your purse. Trust me Scar."

"I do trust you. If it is smart, is yet to be determined," she smiled softly.

"Oh, you have jokes right now?" he smirked over at her.

"I have to get through this someway," she shrugged.

"Come," he said after placing a kiss on her temple. "Let's get in there and get you up to speed."

Grabbing her purse, she slid out of the car. Jax wrapped his arm around her shoulders and led her into the clubhouse and straight into church.

"Why are we meeting in here?" she asked glancing at the men in the room.

"Less of a chance of being overheard," Tig said as he closed the door behind them.

"Chief," she said addressing Unser when she noticed him at the table.

"Please seat darlin'," Jax said as he pulled out his chair at the table. Scar stared at him and shook her head.

"Sit down Scarlett," Clay said from his seat. She glanced over at him and he gave her a small nod of approval. Crossing to Jax, she sank down in his chair and let out a shaky breath she had been holding when Jax placed his hands on her shoulders.

"What is the plan?" she asked glancing around the room.

"We are sneaking you out of town lass," Chibs smirked.

"How? If Connor sees my car or any of your bikes he will just follow," she sighed.

"That is where I come in," Unser said raising his hand slightly. "You aren't going in your car."

"What?" she asked staring at him confused.

"Scar," Clay said pulling her attention to his. "You aren't taking your car. You, Jax and a handful of other will be hidden in the back of one of Unser's trucks. We will have someone from another charter drive the truck till out of town. We stashed a few bikes and other transportation outside the town, once you reach there, Jax will drive the truck and the others will follow. We will get you back to campus and home safe."