Part 17

Ex-Princess of Anarchy

"I talked to Lowen. She is going to try and block anything Conor and his parents send our way," Jax said as he opened the front door to his house.

"Jax, I am so sorry," Scar sighed as she choked back tears.

"Listen to me," Jax started as he gently grabbed her face between his hands. "None of this is your fault. None of it."

"I led him to your family Jax. It is my fault," she whispered in response.

"No. You protected my family and a deranged FBI agent led him to my family. If she had come after you at school with him, I wouldn't have been able to protect you. I wouldn't have even known Scar. You cannot blame yourself," he said gently before kissing her forehead. "Why don't I order us some dinner while you take a shower?" Scar nodded her head before moving towards the bedroom. She stopped just outside of Abel's room and sighed as she saw the damage that Gemma had not finished cleaning up.

"Do you think we could get a restraining order for you and Abel since he is stalking the hospital and broke in here?" Scarlett called towards the kitchen.

"Maybe, I will ask Lowen when she calls back later," Jax called back. Scar went to turn away from the nursery, but something caught her eye.

"Jax," Scar called before she entered the room.

What's wrong?" He asked as he appeared in the doorway.

"Was this smoke detector here?" she asked as she looked up at the device on the ceiling.

"Maybe mom had it installed. Probably just her being an over-protective grandma," Jax smirked as he wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her to him.

"Maybe, but there are already some in the hallway. Seems like that is a few too many," she smirked as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

"She will probably be by later. I will talk to her about having a few removed," he smirked before planting a kiss on her forehead.

"Shower with me?" she asked with a smirk.

"Tempting darlin'," he smiled as he moved a piece of hair behind her ear. "I have some calls to make and need to check in with some of the others."

"Well, if you finish, you know where to find me," she smiled before kissing him on the cheek and moving out of his arms towards the hall.

"Scar," he said, and she turned at the doorway to face him. "I am glad you are home for good."

"Have you not realized yet Teller?" she asked leaning against the doorframe.

"Realized what?" he asked shooting her a confused look.

"Home is wherever you are. Always has been and always will be," she smiled before walking down the hall to the bedroom, leaving Jax standing in Abel's room.

His phone ringing broke him out of his daze, and he answered it quickly.

"Hello."

"Jax, it is Lowen."

"Hold on one second." Jax listened for the shower and once he heard it, placed the phone back up to his ear. "What did you find out?"

"Scarlett hid her pregnancy well. Whatever doctor she saw after her miscarriage is not talking. Which is a good thing but also a bad thing."

"Why is that bad? Isn't it part of their job not to run their mouths?"

"It is but if Connor's family pays them off, who knows what they will say."