Chapter 5

Jax pulled into a parking spot near the door to the ER and Scarlett jumped out of the Cadi before Jax even put the car in park.

"You can't avoid me forever, Scar," Jax said walking behind her.

"I can try," She mumbled under her breath as she reached the front desk. "Hi, I need an x-ray, I may have broken my.." She began but was cut-off.

"Scarlett Virginia! Why are you in this ER?" a voice yelled. She turned quickly to see her mother.

"Shit," she mumbled. "I am ok mom. I just ran into the wall at TM, with my fist," she said quietly.

"Jackson Teller, you wouldn't happen to be the reason why, would you?" her mom replied sternly.

Jax opened his mouth to reply but Scarlett cut him off, "No, Mom. Gemma asked me for some help at TM getting things organized this week and a customer came in and was rather crude and impolite. I got pissed and instead of punching him, I punched a wall."

"Mhm," her mother responded giving her that 'I know you are lying to me' look.

"Ma'am, we can take you to x-ray now," a nurse said appearing.

"Thank you. Jax, you can wait out here," Scar said glaring at him.

"And if you need stitches?" he said chuckling.

"The chances of that are slim to none," She responded before leaving him in the waiting room with his mother. She could hear her mother scolding him as she followed the nurse back.

"So what really happened?" the nurse asked when they were out of earshot.

"O, he pissed me off and I needed to punch something. I think I should invest in a punching bag," she responded with a chuckle.

"Well the RTA (A/N: Radiology Technician Assistant for those of you who don't know ) will be with you shortly," the nurse said before leaving her in one of the Radiology waiting rooms.

She sat there for about five minutes before the RTA came in. They talked about her hand some and what happened and off to the x-ray she went. The x-ray took a matter of moments to take and then she was back off to the waiting room for the doctor. She didn't even make it back into the waiting room when a doctor called her name. She turned and walked back towards him.

"Doctor Spencer," The doctor said introducing himself and showing her to an empty room.

"Scarlett. I would shake your hand, but," she said with a chuckle.

"Well I looked at your x-ray. You must have quite the punch, luckily not too much damage. You dislocated a couple of your fingers and broke one of the bones in your hand. Nothing a cast and popping fingers back in place won't fix," The doctor said with a smile.

"Um, will I be able to type? I have a paper due," she said with a grimace.

"I would let the fingers rest for a day or two and then you can type. The cast will be on for a bit. If you have someone with you, I can go grab them so they can come back and sit with you while we work on your hand," Spence said politely.

"That would be fantastic. My friend Jax is in the waiting room," Scarlett responded.

"I will have a nurse fetch him. In the meantime pick a color," her responded.

"Black will be ok, at least then it will match everything I own," she chuckled.

"Good plan. Be right back," he responded before exiting the room.

A few minutes later, Jax walked in. "What did the doc say?"

"Dislocated fingers, broken bone, could've been worse and I must pack on hell of a punch," Scarlett said nonchalantly.