Part 18

Ex-Princess of Anarchy

"Hi! My name is Scarlett Virginia. I received a phone call stating I needed to come submit for some tests," Scar told the nurse at the desk as Jax rubbed circles on her lower back. Chibs and Tig stood nearby leaning against the wall as Gemma paced the hall.

"Ah, yes Miss Virginia. If you will follow me," the nurse said as she moved around the desk. "And you are?" she asked Jax.

"Jackson Teller, I believe you also need a DNA sample from me," Jax responded calmly.

"Yes, we do. Both of you can follow me, the others will need to stay here," she said nodding towards the others.

"Why don't you go check on Abel?" Jax said over his shoulder and the other nodded their head before heading towards Abel's room.

"The court order says that another party needs to be present," the nurse said as they turned the corner.

"And that party will be me," a woman's voice came, and Scar instantly tensed up.

"This woman will not be in the room," Scar said to the nurse, not even acknowledging the woman who had spoken.

"The hell I won't!" the woman screamed, and Scar turned quickly to say something to her but was cut off by Hale's voice.

"Scarlett!" He called and she turned to see him jogging down the hallway. "I got here as fast as I could. Is everything ok? Is your dad, ok? Are you ok?"

"My father is fine. I am just in need of your assistance, Chief Deputy Hale," Scar said as she glanced over at Mrs. Williams to see her seething.

"What do you need?" he asked glancing between her and Jax.

"Jax and I both have to have blood drawn. I also have additional testing to be completed. It is court ordered and a third party needs to be present. Would you mind?" she asked softly.

"Tests? For what?" Hale asked glancing between them.

"To prove that this whore is lying whose child is in this hospital," Mrs. Williams sneered.

"I am sorry. Who are you?" Hale asked as he turned to look at her.

"Chief Deputy Hale please meet Mrs. Williams, Connor's mother," Jax answered.

"I am going to be in that room. I trust no one in this place to not tamper with anything," Mrs. Williams added on.

"Scarlett," Hale started as he grabbed her upper arm and pulled her away to talk to her. "What is going on?"

"Connor and his parents filed for a DNA test to prove that I am Abel's Mother and that Jax is not his father. They also want other tests completed on me," she explained quickly, she had left that part out of her story. She didn't need her parents mourning something they never knew about.

"I know without a doubt that Abel is Jax's. I was one of the officers on the scene when Gemma called 911. But why would they...Oh, Scarlett. I am so sorry," Hale said as it dawned on him.

"It is alright. I survived. It hurts some days, but I push through it," she said softly.

"What do you need me to do?" he asked after a few seconds of silence.

"The court order requires a third party to be present. Connor's mom is trying to make sure it is her. I don't trust them Hale. I don't even trust that the samples taken today won't be processed by a tech they have paid off. If Jax loses his son because of me," she started.

"He won't. I will call Lodi and see if they can process the samples," he said as he pulled out his phone.

"Hale," she started to stop him from starting the call. "I need you in there."