Part 10

Ex-Princess of Anarchy

Author's Note: Sorry it has been forever. Working from home due to Covid makes me not want to be on a computer at the end of the day. I also recently gave birth to a baby girl. I know it is short but this mama is TIRED.

They headed back to the to the club house in silence. Scarlett just held on to Jax hand as he drove back to the clubhouse. A thousand things were running through her mind. Occasionally, she would wipe a tear from her eyes.

"Hey," Jax said after he parked the car at Teller-Morrow. "It will be ok, Scar. We will protect you," he said before pulling her into a hug.

"Jax, with him here, I think I need to return to school before the end of the week and ask them if I can take my exams early," she said before burying her face in his shirt.

"I will talk to Tara. I am not letting you out of my sight. We can arrange a plan," he said before kissing her on the top of her head. "Come on. Let us go inside. I will fill everyone in, and you can rest in my room."

"Um, actually, can I borrower Juice?" she said glancing up at his questioning glance. "I can't type my papers with one hand and Juice is good with computers. I can talk and he can type."

"Ok," he said with a small laugh. "I will talk to Juice before I talk to Clay. Let us go inside," he continued before opening his door. He opened her door and wrapped his arm around her once she had gotten out of the vehicle.

As they crossed to the club house her phone rang.

"Hello?" she said picking it up carefully.

"Scarlett, it is Hale," Hale's voice came from the receiver.

"What can I do for you?" she asked politely.

"I wanted to warn you. I attempted to have Conner removed from Charming, but Stahl stopped us. She said her investigation trumped the protection order. I am putting in a request with a judge to expand the restriction on your protection order. Don't stray far from places with a lot of people. If he breaks the amount of feet, I will arrest him again. Nothing will happen to you in my district," Hale said quickly through the phone before hanging up.

Scarlett froze in her spot out of fear and dropped her phone.

"Scar," Jax said running back to her. "What is wrong?" he said as he grabbed her arm. "Scar?"

"What is going on Jackie Boy?" Chibs said crossing the parking lot to them.

"I don't know someone called then she froze and dropped her phone," he answered. "Scar, what is wrong?" he asked placing his hands on her face.

"Conner..." she started but she was cut off by a voice at the gate.

"Hey baby!" the voice called causing them all turn to face the gate. Conner stood there with a smirk on his face leaning on the gate.

"Come closer. I dare you," Jax yelled across the lot as he pushed Scarlett behind her.

"I think I like where I am standing. It has quite the view," Conner responded not moving a muscle.

"Jackie Boy, who is this asshole?" Chibs said standing beside Jax to hide Scarlett more.

"I will introduce myself. I am Conner Williams, Scarlett's current boyfriend," he said as walked the line of the gate.

"O this is the piece of shit!" Chibs said going to move forward but was stopped by Scarlett grabbing his arm.

"Don't Chibs, this is what he wants," she whispered.