Part 21

Ex-Princess of Anarchy

"Are you alright?" a voice asked, but it seemed so far away. Scar could still hear the gunshots and Donna's screams.

"Ma'am?" the voice came again.

"Sorry," Scar said as she shook her head. "The other woman that was with me, where is she?"

"She is over there being treated. She only was grazed by a bullet. Smart thinking pulling her down in the car. It saved your lives," the officer said calmly.

"Scarlett!" Hale and Unser's voices came before that broke into her vision.

"Are you alright?" Unser asked as he held both of her arms.

"She pulled her and the other woman down to the floorboards just as the shooting started. She is just shaken but the other woman was grazed by a bullet," the officer responded.

"Was this him?" Scar asked looking from Unser to Hale. "I need to know if this was him. Did my past just almost get one of my best friends killed?"

"What did you see?" Hale prodded gently waiving the other officer off.

"I saw something flash in the light as I was looking at Donna while we were stopped. Soon as I saw it was a gun, I shouted and pulled us down," she responded.

"Scar, was the shooter on a bike, in a car?" Hale asked.

"It was a black SUV. The windows were tinted, and I think the driver was wearing gloves and a mask," she responded still dazed.

"I don't think this was him," Unser answered calmly.

"Why not?" she asked looking at him.

"If it was him, he would have taken you," Hale said as calmly as possible.

"I should have never agreed to leave the house without a guard," she whispered as tears started to escape her eyes.

"If you hadn't, Donna might not be here now. The world has a way of making us where we need to be," Unser said as he pulled her into a hug. "You are all right darling."

At the sound of bikes pulling up, Unser helped Scarlett over to the ambulance so that she could sit down.

"Donna!" Opie's voice came.

"Scarlett!" Jax's followed.

"Over here!" Hale called in response.

"Let them through," Unser yelled to the cops standing guard.

"They are ok," Hale said as he met them before the ambulance. "Scar saw the gun and pulled Donna down to the floor. Donna was grazed but it doesn't even need stitches. Scar is shaken but she is fine."

"Bobby," Jax said quietly.

"I have this. Go to your girl," Bobby responded as he stepped up to Hale for the story.

"Scar," Jax said as he walked up to her.

"Jax," she breathed before she launched into his arms and broke completely.

"I am so sorry! I should never have left the house with someone else with us," she sobbed as she gripped on to him as tight as she could.

"It is ok darlin'. There is no telling what could or could not have happened if you had stayed home or brought someone else with you," he said as he pulled her away and started wiping tears from her eyes.

"Scar," Opie's voice came from behind her. "You saved Donna and you. If you hadn't been there, I would be burying my wife."

"You saved me Scar, this is not your fault," Donna said before pulling her into a hug.

"Hale and Unser both don't think this was him. He would have taken her," Bobby whispered to Jax. "It was a black SUV with tinted windows. Scar couldn't see the driver."

"I think we should go to the cabin for a little bit," Jax said softly.

"What about Abel?" Scar asked quickly.

"We take him with us. It has electric and everything. He will be fine there," Jax answered before placing a kiss in her hair. "Or he can stay with my mom. Just a few days. What do you say Ope? Think Mary will stay around for a few days so all of us can go? Or bring the kids, there is room."

"I don't see why not. We can work out the details in the morning. Let's get these ladies home so they can breathe," Opie said before pulling Scar in for another hug. "Thank you."

"Bye Scar. Thank you, truly," Donna said as she hugged Scar goodbye.

"Let's get you home darlin'," Jax said gently. "Get a bag packed for the cabin."

"I can't keep doing this," she whispered as led her to his bike.

"It wasn't him," he responded as he gently placed his helmet on her head.

"They don't know that for certain," she whispered.

"Swing your leg over and scoot forward. You are going to sit in front of me on the way home," he said calmly, as if he was talking to a scared, wounded animal. Was that what she was?

"Take me home," she whispered softly.

_____________________________________

"I packed some bags for the cabin and extra items for Abel. I need to run to the club to handle some business. Are you ok here with Abel? There will be a member outside," Jax asked as he kissed her forehead. She simply nodded in response before curling up tighter in a ball. "I will be back soon darlin'."

Scar didn't know how long Jax was gone for but sometime later she heard the back door slide open and footsteps in the hall.

"I'll put the bags and Abel in the car then come grab you," his voice said quietly from the doorway.

Something in Scar said something was off and forced her out of bed and running towards Abel's room. No way Jax would leave Abel in the car by himself with Connor out there. As she barged into the room she froze on the spot.

"You are going to be a good girl and grab the bags and both of you are coming with me," Connor commanded as he held a knife in one hand as he bounced Abel in his one arm.

"Abel has nothing to do with this. He is Jax's son with his ex-wife. Please just leave him. I will go with you," Scar said holding her hands up trying to delay for Jax to get home or for her guard to come check on her.

"You guard is incapacitated; I really should have just killed him. Now, be a good girl and grab the bags before my hand slips slightly," he said as he held the knife closer to Abel.

"I will do anything you say. Just put the Abel down. He truly is not our son," she said calmly with her hands raised as if she was calming a scared animal.

"No but he can be," he smirked looking down at Abel.

"Connor, if we take Abel, the entire MC will hunt us down. He is their prince's son," she responded calmly.

"They will hunt us anyway since I am taking their princess," he yelled back causing Abel to start crying. "Shhh, everything will be alright."

"Connor give me Abel," she said calmly. She just needed to distract him long enough for Jax to get back to the house.

"I know what you are doing. Jax is otherwise occupied thanks to the FBI. No get the bags in your car, now!" he said raising his voice.

"Ok," she said as she backed out of the room and headed towards the door to collect the bags.

"Don't try anything funny," he yelled after her. She slowly took the bags out to the car and loaded it as slow as she could. Maybe Gemma or someone else would come check on her and Abel since Jax was stuck with Stahl.

"Are you done yet?" Connor asked breaking her of he thought process.

"Just about," she responded.

"I will finish, strap his car seat in the back," he said handing her Abel in his carrier. "Try anything and I will slit both of your throats." She moved quietly and snapped Abel's car seat into the base that Jax had just installed in her car that day to head to the cabin. As she double checked the latch, she could hear someone yell her name from the end of the driveway.