Chapter 7

"Spencer, where the hell are you taking me," Zena asked blindfolded, being guided by Spencer with his hands on her shoulders lightly pushing her in the right direction.

"Only a few steps further, Z." About two minutes later they had arrived at the mystery destination that Spencer had planned. He removed the blindfold from the woman's eyes and watched her face transform from confusion to delight. Spencer had boxes of holiday decorations on the floor of his apartment, a scrawny tree next to the TV, and for his beautiful girlfriend he kept a menorah on the kitchen island.

"Are we about to decorate your apartment for the holidays?" Zena asked, excitement taking over her tone of voice.

"Why yes we are Dr.Barbarage. This apartment will be decorated for both Christmas and Hannukah for the first time since I have lived here; 6 years, 4 months, and 12 days."

The two embarked on this task together immediately. Zena decided however that they should listen to music and made her way over to his record player to play Chopin. They began manically hanging tinsel and lights on all different parts of the apartment, no rhyme or reason. After decorating the apartment with colored lights, they made their way over to the tree.

"So I don't have ornaments because I never needed them. However, we do have even more lights and I did get a star. So we can start there until we find more decorations together," he said smiling. It seemed that since they had begun decorating the smile hadn't left his face. Maybe the holidays weren't all that bad when you spend it with someone who makes you happy.

The tree was nearly finished, Spencer was just about to put the star on the top branch when he heard his phone begin to buzz. He simply couldn't believe his luck. He waited to put the star on the tree and read the caller ID, rolling his eyes and apologizing to Zena before walking into his bedroom and answering the call.

"Hello this is Dr.Spencer Reid."

"Hey Reid, it's Garcia. I am here to inform you that we have a case. This time it's actually local. Can you be at the office in an hour?"

Spencer frustratedly huffed, which did not go unnoticed to Garcia. This was the first time she had ever heard Spencer complain about being called in for a case. He never had plans, in fact he lived to work, this made her slightly suspicious. What was going on in this boy's life?

"Yeah no problem Garcia, I'll get there as soon as I can."

Spencer walked out of the bedroom to a site that made his heart do summersaults in his chest. There Zena was dancing around the kitchen making him coffee in a travel mug, his go bag -that she retrieved from the small closet closest to the door- at her feet.

"Seems like the world needs their Superhero," she said with peppy attidue, a smile lined her face. After seeing the frustration and disappointment in her eyes she said, "I know that you are frustrated, but I've made you coffee, and coffee fixes everything. Plus, you now have something to look forward to when you get back!"

The genius smiled at her, engulfing her in a hug and pressing a passionate kiss onto her lips. The two stayed that way for a few moments, however the intensity of the moment soon increased. Spencer lifted Zena and sat her on top of the island. Zena wrapped her legs around Spencer, and he furthered the kiss by licking her bottom lip, begging for an entrance. Zena had just started to unbutton the shirt Spencer was wearing when he realized that he had to leave.

"Baby, as much as I would love to continue what I've started, I have to get to the office. But this case is local so how about you spend the next couple of nights here with me? I can't promise that I'll be home early, but I will come home to sleep a few hours and you being here would be amazing."