Chapter 10

a.n- Wow, 200 reads!! Thank you all so much its making my little heart sing!! now, onto the story!

The team had just wrapped up a case and were on their way to the jet to fly home; Hotch and Rossi made it their personal mission to get Reid into their car and try to get him to talk about Zena. He hadn't had much time to fill the team in on his love life because as soon as their last case ended, they were on a jet 14 hours later to Los Angeles to assist in solving a child abduction/terrorism case.

"You know Reid, I'm thinking about having a get together at my mansion tomorrow night. A little celebration of life and enjoying each other's company. How about you come on by and bring Dr. Barbarage with you," Rossi said turning around from the passenger's seat to face Reid who was sitting in the back. Rossi noticed Reid look down at and play with his fingers, something he recognized the young agent did when he was nervous.

"I don't know, Rossi. I'm worried that everyone isn't going to like her. Or what if she doesn't like the work side of me?" Spencer looked up from his hands to see Rossi smiling at him and saw Hotch's reflection smiling from the rear-view mirror.

"Reid, how is it that you are the person who is always right, yet you are so completely wrong right now? For starters, the team is absolutely thrilled to have met her, and they want to get to know her more," Rossi began to explain. Hotch then decided to chime in saying "And Reid, I can guarantee she likes the work side of you. How many women do you know to wake up at 3 in the morning and prepare a lecture on information that was given to her five minutes before, that ultimately led to finding our unsub all while joking through it."

Whether Reid realized it or not, Zena had known the work side of him for a year now, and she loved him just the same. 'Hotch was right,' Reid thought to himself. "Alright, assuming Zena doesn't have to stay late to grade or meet with students, we will be there," he sighed and nervously pulled out his phone. Now that the team knew about him and Zena, he had changed his lock screen to a photo of the two of them holding and kissing Pavlov, just moments after he was adopted. He took a moment to smile at the phone and sent her a text:

Hey baby, Rossi is having a dinner party tomorrow night. Do you want to come? The team is beyond excited to finally get to know you as more than a genius professor!

Zena hadn't responded for a while and at first it worried him. However, with time zones he realized that she was three hours behind, meaning she was currently lecturing. She would get back to him eventually.

Three hours into the jet ride Spencer's phone buzzed, waking him from his nap. At first he was so frustrated to be woken up that he almost didn't read it. However, he realized it could be Zena and he then excitedly opened up the message. Zena texted back saying:

Tomorrow night sounds good... I'm a little nervous though. What does one wear to an FBI dinner party; a bulletproof vest dress?

His phone buzzed again, another text from Zena:

Sorry but that honestly may have been the funniest text message I've ever sent. I gotta send that to Delilah.

Spencer lightly laughed to himself, making sure he didn't wake up anyone else on the plane. He then made his way over to pour himself a cup of coffee, noticing that Rossi was up. Reid shot him a thumbs up, and Rossi was thrilled to know that the team would finally meet the girl who stole Spencer's heart.

"Hey D, what do you think I should wear to an FBI dinner party?" Zena was extremely torn between two outfits, sending her best friend pictures of both.