Chapter 19

Garcia was standing in front of the group of profilers, preparing to brief the team. "First, I would like to start by giving SSA Dr.Barbarage a round of applause for graduating the academy," Garcia said. The whole team hooted and hollered causing Zena to blush, her eyes immediately darting to the floor.

"You guys are off to the state of Colarado. 4 women were found dead, two stripped completely naked, the other two had ligature marks around the wrists and ankles. All different dumpsites," Garcia explained. When Zena originally saw the first picture of the dead body her heart sank to the deepest pit of her stomach. However, she realized that in order to prevent others from turning up this way she had to remain strong, something Spencer called compartmentalizing. Spencer however saw the slight shift in his fiancés mood and grabbed her hand under the table, gently squeezing it. He was always so impressed at her adaptability, constantly telling his mother that Zena was like the chameleon of life, changing with the environment. Spencer was pulled out of his thoughts when he heard Zena contribute to the conversation.

"The two women that were successfully ID'd are both students, dark hair and dark eyes. Given the region and the appearance of our victims I would say this could be a potential Bundy copycat," Zena said confidently. She felt good knowing that her time studying the thousands of case files the past two months were so fresh in her mind. Otherwise, she may not have figured it out.

"Dr.Barbarage makes a good point. And at the rate that our unsub is killing, we have no time to waste. Wheels up in 30," Hotch said sternly putting a hand on Zena's shoulder to signal she had done a great job.

"So this is the jet?" Zena looked around in astonishment, it was beautiful.

"Oh just wait, you will soon learn to hate it. We've spent more hours on this plane than we have in the bullpen," Emily said laughing and dragging Zena into the seat next to her. "So off to Colorado. Now if I remember correctly SSA Dr.Barbarage's very cute younger brother is currently working towards his PHD there."

"Ew Emily stop speaking you're going to make me throw up. He just turned 24 he may as well be a child," Zena said shivering in disgust.

"How is it that both you and your brother are so similar in your work ethic? How old will he be by the time he gets his PHD? 27?" JJ looked over to Zena. It's not every day that siblings both want to be surrounded in academia.

"I honestly don't really know. Our parents weren't really involved in our schoolwork, they never pushed us to get good grades. It definitely bothered my mom that we wanted to waste our time in school. Now that I think about it, that's probably why Cyrus went to get his masters and PHD," she explained laughing.

Zena and the girls shortly dozed off after their conversation, knowing that they would need as much energy as possible to catch the unsub. The group was woken up by Hotch. "We are going to touch down in 20 minutes, and Garcia called me to inform us that there is a new body . When we get there Reid and Morgan go to the medical examiners, Rossi and Barbarage head over to the most recent crime scene, JJ and Emily you will come with me to set up the station and build the geographical profile."

Rossi and Zena were driving in the SUV silently, the newest agent's nerves apparent to Rossi. "Um, Dr.Barbarage... have you ever seen a dead body?" It was a really valid question considering they were on their way to observe one.

She hesitantly responded. "Yeah, it was an experience," she said softly.

"Are they showing them in the academy? I always thought it would be a good idea, get the shock and vomiting over so when agents get in the field they know what they're about to see."