Chapter 14

"What do you want from me," Zena said kicking and screaming. The two kidnappers had her locked in a basement that wreaked of fresh paint, and it was dripping on her from the chains that she was suspended on from the ceiling. The dripping of the paint alone was torture, every drop made her want to curl up in a ball and sob.

"Oh what, you don't know who I am," the male kidnapper had said, throwing a forceful punch to Zena's stomach knocking the wind out of the girl, causing her to gasp for air.

"Am I supposed to?" she replied sassily after catching her breath, throwing a kick in the man's direction. Her shoulders and arms felt like they were about to snap off, but she refused to show weakness. She thought back to what Spencer had told her over dinner a while back. With him being in the FBI they had always discussed safety precautions, like if one were to get kidnapped. "Baby, if you are ever in any kind of trouble, I want you to show no fear. Whatever happens, I will find you." She replayed his soothing voice in her head, reassuring herself that Spencer would figure out the clue that she told him on the phone.

.

Meanwhile, the BAU was doing everything in their power to find the people who had possibly taken her. "Okay Reid, let's go over this again, okay? What exactly did she say to you on the phone?" Prentiss put her hands on his shoulders, reassuring him that he could do this.

Spencer was a mess, his hair was disheveled from pulling at it out of frustration. When he wasn't crying, he was trying to catch his breath. "She said 'Oh, I am so sorry to hear that Rachel and Tom have been ignoring you, that is such a concrete part of their character. Listen, I'm in a sticky situation, I'm gonna have to call you back. I love you endlessly. You know that, right?'"

Emily nodded, writing the exact message on the whiteboard in the conference room. "So we know that she has a message in that sentence, but where?"

Spencer thought for a moment, when he suddenly had an idea. "We need to call her best friend, Delilah. She may have more insight onto who Rachel and Tom could be."

After three rings Delilah answered the phone, a bad feeling in her gut. "Hello Dr.Reid, please tell me my beautiful Zena is okay."

Spencer began to choke up, not knowing how to start off. "Delilah, Zena was kidnapped, and when we called her she phrased it as if it were a message to you. Did you two know anyone named Tom and Rachel," Reid questioned, tears pooling in his eyes. He attempted to blink them back, but it was no use. The tears began to stream down his like a river when he heard her begin to sob.

"No. No we didn't know anyone by those names. It was a really small school, we knew everyone and their mother's personally. Reid do not move I'm getting on the next plane to Virginia."

"Okay, so she doesn't know a Tom or Rachel," Spencer began, but then had another thought. "What if those aren't the actual names of people, but rather her telling us that she was taken by a man and a woman."

Rossi clapped his hands together. "Reid, I think you're right. But we have to look deeper into the rest of the message. Zena is well spoken; we both know that. But her use of concrete doesn't make sense in the phrase."

Just as they were about to further their ideas of the sentence, Garcia ran into the room, tears pooling down her face. "Guys, guys the people who have Zena are streaming her torture. I've tried to locate the IP address or location it is streaming from, but they are too smart. I can't trace it."

"Garcia, we need to see this video. Put it on the screen," Hotch ordered.

"Yes sir. Just so you know, it's very graphic."