Chapter 15

Zena had been asleep for hours, occasionally turning over or mumbling a few words here and there. And while the doctors said that she was most likely going to experience PTSD related dreams, she had yet to experience such nightmares.

"You know, all things considering she seems to be perfectly fine," Delilah whispered to Spencer, who was sitting next to her in the uncomfortable hospital chairs in her room.

"I know, it is almost scary. You know, 50% of people who are abducted suffer from PTSD. It is definitely possible that she is the other half who comes out okay," Spencer explained to Delilah. He then looked over to Zena, a smile forming, 'she is okay,' he thought to himself.

"So, have you bought the ring," Delilah asked mischievously, a smirk playing at her plump lips.

Spencer shushed her and pulled her outside to further talk about the engagement situation. He had called Delilah about a month ago to ask if she was okay with Spencer proposing. Naturally, she screamed on the phone about how incredible it was the Zena would get married to the male version of herself.

Spencer was about to answer when he saw a tall young man sprinting towards him. "Where is she? Where is my sister," the mystery man exclaimed looking right into Spencer's eyes. Suddenly it all clicked; the height, jet black hair, emerald eyes, and pronounced nose. This was Zena's brother, hell they could be twins.

"Cyrus, I'm Spencer. It is so nice to meet you. I'm sorry it is under these circumstances," Spencer said to her brother.

"Oh so you're the famous Spencer, huh? Zena and I don't talk as much as we should, but Z never shuts up about you on the phone." Cyrus looked Spencer up and down and chuckled. He was definitely Zena's type for sure, right down to the sweater vest.

Cyrus then glanced to Spencer's right and did a double take. "Holy shit, Delilah Parker is that you? You look absolutely fantastic!" Cyrus hadn't seen Delilah since he was 17, it gave him a sense of nostalgia to see her dressed in her hippy clothes and chunky jewelry. She was the first girl that he ever had a crush on; you know the older sister's best friend type of situation. He bent down and gave the girl a big hug.

She smiled up at him and gave him a hug. "It's great to see you little bro. You've grown so much."

"If you want to see Z, she is in room 333, straight down the hall. I can take you there if you would like," Spencer said beginning to walk in the direction of his girlfriend's room. They all followed Spencer's lead and found themselves in front of her door.

Without hesitation Cyrus walked into the room quietly, hoping not to disturb her. However, when he looked over Zena, she was propped up with pillows watching cartoons on the crappy hospital TV.

"You know Cy, you don't have to stare, you can come over and hug your sister," Zena said with a smile, not once looking away from the TV. Cyrus ran up to her and engulfed her in his strong arms. "Does mom know," she asked her brother, tears threatening to pour.

He looked down at his older sister, realizing this was the first time she had ever shown vulnerability around him. Growing up Zena was the rock of the family, never showing emotion to keep everyone else calm. He looked at his sister and shook his head no. "I haven't told her, and since you put me down as your emergency contact there is no way for her to know."

She sighed in relief. "Honestly it is better that way. I don't think I could handle her complaining about how I ruined her holiday in whatever country she is in now," Zena said causing both siblings to laugh. "You know Cy, if getting kidnapped meant I got to see you, I would do it more often."

"I know, I'm sorry. The PHD track is insane. But you already knew that." He nudged her telling her to move over and sat down on the bed with his older sister. They spent the next 20 mintues catching up and watching cartoons. They were interrupted by Spencer, Delilah, and Zena's doctor.

"You're all set to go kiddo. But no strenuous activity for 2 weeks. Then feel free to begin working out again," the doctor explained. After completing long and boring paperwork, Zena and the crew all headed back to her and Spencer's home.

"This is fantastic. I would get kidnapped every day if I could see my brother, best friend, and boyfriend all in the same room." They all laughed and continued to watch tv. Suddenly the doorbell rang and Zena popped up to get it. "Do not stop me Spencer Reid, you are not that kind of doctor." As she swung open the door she gasped at the surprise on the other side. There stood the BAU holding baskets of different foods, balloons, and big trays of food.

"Wow, hi everyone I wasn't expecting you all. Sorry for how I look. Please come inside," she said opening the door wide and ushering people in.

"You look fantastic mama, never apologize for being beautiful," Derek said, placing a kiss on her hair. She laughed and thanked him, she then hugged Garcia who cried into her shoulder for a moment. "I am so sorry, I tried to get to you sooner-" she was then cut off by Zena.

"Penelope Garcia look at me! I'm here aren't I? I heard if it weren't for your cyber skills I would have never been found. So if anything I should be thanking you," Zena said pulling the girl back into a hug.

Jack ran up to Zena and handed her twelve pages of paper. "Daddy said you weren't feeling good, so I made you these pictures of Lov." Zena giggled at the nickname Jack used for Pavlov, he couldn't say the full name just yet. "Thank you, Jack. These are incredible. How about we go put them on the fridge together?" She grabbed his hand and they disappeared into the kitchen.

Spencer watched the pair walk into the kitchen, his thoughts cut short by Cyrus. "Listen man, I know we literally just met. But I can see the way you love Zena and I know she is crazy about you. I'm sure you know about our dad, and that our mom is out of the picture. So I give you my blessing. Please marry my sister," Cyrus said extending his hand towards Spencer who grabbed it firmly and shook it.

The doorbell rang again, and everyone looked at each other with confused faces, they weren't expecting anyone else. Spencer opened the door and saw his mother standing outside. "Mom, what are you doing here," Spencer exclaimed.

Diana laughed and gave her son a warm hug. "I heard my favorite young woman was in the hospital and came all this way to check on her myself," she said pushing her way into the house.

"Diana? Wow it is so great to see you," Zena said rushing over and accepting a motherly hug from Diana. "We have so much to talk about. I actually finished the third book on the list right before I was abducted. You were right, the love story is so beautifully painful."

The team and family sat down at the dinner table, eating all of the delicious Italian cuisine Rossi had been so kind to make for the occasion. Spencer looked around him and smiled, patting his right-hand pant pocket where a velvet box resided. There would never be a more perfect time.

"Everyone, I have something to say. Zena, it doesn't take a genius to see how incredible of a person you are. You are kind, smart, funny, and resilient. The past year and a half have been the best of my life, and I know you feel the same. This week we learned that life is unpredictable but what got us through it was our love for one another. I love you endlessly, Z and I want to be with you forever. Please do me the honor of marrying me?" Spencer got down on one knee and opened a velvet box where a beautiful opal ring with a rose gold band rested.

Zena stared at her boyfriend in shock. Blinking back tears and laughing. "Of course I will marry you," she said while wrapping her arms around his neck. After placing the rose gold band around her ring finger, everyone began to scream, realizing what had just happened.

After a lot of partying, drinking, photo taking, and eating everyone left to their respective homes. Diana was sleeping in the master bedroom; Zena was too afraid that she would hurt herself sleeping anywhere else. Cyrus was sleeping on a blow up mattress in the office, Delilah sleeping in the guest room. That left Spencer, Zena, and Pavlov the living room couches, which Spencer pushed together to make one giant comfy bed.

"Goodnight future Dr. Reid," Spencer said placing a gentle kiss on her lips.

"Goodnight. I love you forever."