Chapter 18

A.n- quick little update for my favorite people! Big chapter coming up, buckle in for chapter 19 because it is going to be a ride and a half.  Much love and as always, please be covid safe xx

"Will you stop taking pictures of me! I'm already embarrassed as it is," Zena said shying away from the camera in Spencer's hand.

"Oh get over it and smile. It's not every day you graduate." Today was the day she graduated from the academy. After two months of criminology classes and physical training she would officially become an FBI agent.

"Spencer, I went to undergrad, grad school, and finished the PHD track. I've graduated more times than the average person," she said complaining but smiling none the less.

The whole team was waiting for Zena and Spencer at the graduation ceremony. And in true BAU fashion they all held big signs with her face printed all over it. As she walked across the little stage, she heard the entire team going wild.

Zena had a little surprise for the team tucked up in sleeve. A few weeks back Morgan, Emily, and Garcia had taught Z how to 'hit the woah'. She thought there would be no better timing to make the team proud than walking across the stage. After shaking the hand of Strauss and accepting her diploma she stopped dead center of the stage and erratically moved her arms to hit the woah. Morgan, Emily, Spencer, JJ, and Garcia all stood up and screamed and clapped even louder, Spencer screaming "THAT'S MY FIANCÈ."

After the ceremony the team reconvened in the bullpen where everyone could not stop talking about Zena hitting the woah. "That was so unexpected, I still can't stop laughing about it," JJ said hugging the newest addition to the FBI.

"Yeah, who knew the professor had some moves," Morgan added laughing and hugging her as well.

Hotch walked over to the rest of the team and looked straight into Zena's soul. "May I speak with you privately?" Suddenly hitting the woah wasn't funny to her or the rest of the team. If anything it could have gotten Aaron into a lot of trouble, and Zena began panicking as they made their way up to his office.

"I'm so sor-"

"Zena, you aren't in trouble that was incredible. We need to discuss your work schedule. We have a case that everyone is going to be briefed on in 30 minutes. Do you think you can come on this case? You still have a month before you have to be back at the university," Hotch explained.

Zena sighed in relief; thankful she didn't jeopardize her chances at being an official part of the team. "Yes, I can come on this case. I have a go bag in the car," she explained softly smiling.

"See, you are so prepared you were meant to be a part of this team in some capacity," Hotch told her putting a firm hand on her shoulder. They walked out of the office together, Zena giving the team a thumbs up and smiling.

"Round table in 30," Hotch said to the team, walking off to talk to Strauss who had the files that they needed.