Chapter 11

Zena received a text message the next morning asking her if she wanted to go shopping with the girls, and after a fun night full of laughter how could she say no? She also needed a few new outfits to meet Spencer's mom, so it's a two in one deal. She woke Spencer up to let him know she was going out with the girls, to which he replied "Have fun, pretty girl," with a lopsided grin, kissed her, and rolled over onto his side continuing to sleep.

An hour later Garcia called Zena to let her know that they were outside the house. Zena excitedly grabbed her bag and skipped out of the townhouse locking the door behind her (something Spencer got her in the habit of).

"Zena!!!!" the girls screamed as she hopped into the backseat of JJ's car. She was so overwhelmed with happiness that she instantly blushed. She had struggled making friends when she took the position at Hopkins. Although she hasn't known the girls very long, she was looking forward to having them as friends.

The ride to the mall was about 30 minutes long, and the girls were having so much fun talking about work cases, embarrassing stories of Spencer specifically. "Oh my god, does anyone remember when we went to LA and that celebrity kissed Spencer in the pool? Oh crap what was her name?" JJ said laughing while driving. Zena looked up, a smile playing on her lips. Garcia then chimed in "Oh, you mean the one and only Lila Archer!"

"You're telling me that by six degrees of separation I have kissed Lila Archer," Zena exclaimed laughing hysterically. "I've got to call my best friend from high school, I'm going to put her on speaker. She needs to know this, and I honestly think you guys will love her," Zena said while dialing Delilah's number. After two rings, Delilah answered the phone, and she did not sound happy.

"Z, do you know what time it is here? Its 7 in the morning on a Saturday. You better be on the verge of death or so help me god I will fly to Virginia and do it myself," Delilah screamed into the phone.

"Well good morning to you. That's definitely a good thing to say while you're on speaker with three FBI agents in the car," Zena said laughing. She continued "You wont be mad after I tell you this though. You know Spencer?"

Delilah interjected "Oh yes, sexy dreamboat nerd that you live with, how can I forget?"

"Well, he kissed Lila Archer a few years back!"

Silence from the other line was deafening. However, after five seconds it had sunk in for Delilah, and she was now screaming on the other line, causing the women in the car to laugh.

"YOU'RE TELLING ME THAT YOUR STRING BEAN OF A BOYFRIEND'S MOUTH WAS ON LILA ARCHER'S? I LOVE THAT GIRL'S SHOW!" This caused the girls to laugh even more, and Garcia was laughing so hard she physically couldn't stop for air.

"Yes, and I'm pretty sure I have photographic proof, I'll make sure to get on that for you ASAP. I'm JJ by the way, it's nice to virtually meet you," JJ said. The rest of the girls introduced themselves, and by the time they were done they had arrived at the mall.

"Alright D, I gotta go. Chat later? I haven't spoken to Mike in a while so I'll call and interrogate your fiancé sound good?" She could hear Delilah laughing on the other side.

"Yes absolutely, go have fun. I'm so glad to see you're socializing. My little girl is all grown up," she said fake crying into the phone. "Bye loser," Delilah said and ended the call.

The mall that they went to had every store imaginable, and Zena was so overwhelmed she didn't know where to start. Emily saw her face contort into a look of anxiety and pulled her aside. "What's wrong," she asked making direct eye contact with Zena. "Honestly, I'm meeting Spence's mom next weekend, and I have no clue what to wear. What if she thinks I'm weird or gross?" Emily gave the girl a reassuring look, and said "Listen, I know Spencer really well, and he wouldn't introduce you to his mom if he didn't think she would like you. You dress perfectly, and if you want we can find you a new outfit or two, but I don't think you're going to need it to impress her." Zena pulled Emily into a tight hug, her own form of thanking the girl.