Chapter 22

"What exactly is taming the beast?" Hotch was currently helping Jack get ready for the wedding, securing the tie onto the young boy's neck.

"I can't tell you, dad. Auntie Z told me it is a secret. Let's go I need to help her with something," he explained to Hotch, running out the door and to the car. All Aaron could do was laugh and chase his son out the door.

Jack barreled into Zena and Spencer's home. "Where is Auntie Z? I have to tame the beast," he shouted causing the adults that occupied the living room to laugh. They all pointed to the upstairs, where Delilah and Zena were getting ready. Without a moment's hesitation he began to run up the stairs into her room.

"Jack do not go up there!" Aaron began running after his son who was already hopping onto Zena's bed, tackling Pavlov in a hug. Henry wasn't far behind, sprinting into the room and joining Jack on the bed.

"Hello boys! You're just in time, I just finished getting ready. Are we ready to tame the beast?" Zena looked away from the vanity over to the two boys who were making a mess of the neatly made bed. The two nodded, and Zena had no choice but to usher her new boss out of the room. "Aaron, I promise that you will understand very shortly. However, the boys and I have a project that must be completed in the next 10 minutes." Aaron softly chuckled to himself and nodded. "Sounds good, you look fantastic Zena."

"Alrighty boys, you know what we have to do, now let's get to work! It's gonna take the four of us to pull this off!" Henry, Jack, Zena, and Delilah began what felt like the impossible mission; getting Pavlov into a doggie suit; perfect attire for the sporadic wedding that was about to happen.

"Thank you everyone for coming. My great helpers over here would like to introduce you to the finally tamed beast. Boys, bring him out." The two boys shuffled down the stairs with Pavlov following them. There waddled Zena and Spencer's dog wearing a black suit and tie. The entire team started to laugh and clap. Zena even saw a slight smile from Hotch.

10 minutes after the team finished marveling at Pavlov, Spencer made his way down the stairs. "Alright, Garcia sent everyone the address to the courthouse." He then turned to his fiancé and grabbed her hand. "Now, let's go get married before she finally comes to her senses and realizes she's too perfect for me," he said to his closest friends and family causing everyone to laugh again. "Okay we will meet everyone at the courthouse. See you in 10," Zena said smiling.

The two decided on the way home from the case that they wanted to drive together, spend their last minutes engaged together rather than the traditional approach of being apart. "I really cannot believe that bumping into someone in a hallway could cause all of this," she said to Spencer in disbelief.

He smiled, focusing on the road ahead of him. "I knew the second I got that call to go into work on our first date you were the one. You didn't even look disappointed, you completely understood from the start."

"Well, I'm glad I made a great first impression. Look where it got me!" She joked to her soon to be husband causing him to giggle.

"You look absolutely gorgeous by the way. You get even more beautiful every day."  The rest of the car ride was spent listening to classical music and Zena holding tightly onto Spencer's right hand.

When everyone arrived, the team and few family members shuffled into the small courthouse room. The two stood before their best friends and vowed to be there for one another through all of life's best and most horrid experiences.

"I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss the bride."

The moment was overwhelming to say the least. However, Spencer's gentle kiss kept Zena grounded from the cheering and screaming that was coming from the witnesses. When Spencer pulled away, he held his wife's face in between his hands. "I love you forever," he said softly, a tear falling down his cheek. "I love you forever," she responded while choking back tears.