Chapter 16;One step closer

"Follow me"
Suddenly, Juyeon was walking towards a square railed platform, just above the main stage as I trailed him along with the glittering instruments. When he reached the platform, he sat down on the edge, raising his chin at me, "You joining?" he asked.

Lowering myself down, I threaded my feet through the rails. We sat there in silence for a moment, our legs dangling over the side.

"Best seat in this place, huh?" He asked with tiny sparkles in his eyes.
"It's alright," I answered, knowing it was the worst reply to say.
"Well, I love it. Clams me down."

"So come on, like seriously. What were you doing back there on your own?"
He looked at me with a serious gaze and said, "Stalking victims. Did I mention I was a vampire?" "You serious?" I was aback by his serious state. "No, I'm not Sirius Black." I started laughing as I couldn't hide my grin.

Minutes later, Juyeon lowered himself to the ground. Soon he was lying completely flat against the platform.

"What are you doing?"

"Lie down." I looked at him, confusion written on my face. He repeated himself until I did the same.

"Look up." He pointed to the ceiling, saying random names in space. Above our heads was a complex network of metal plows, dazzling of stage lights in rainbow colors. It was stunning.

"What's your deal? Yoyo."
"What?"
"You know...your deal. Who are you? Got any secrets?"
"What....kind of secrets?"
"Anything."

I tried to think of one quickly but it was hard since his eyes were locked on me.
"I can't think of anything..."
"Then try harder." He teased.
"But you have to tell me one in return."

He nodded instantly with a smile.
"This is pretty embarrassing but when I was nine years old, I got my first ever love letter."
"Was that supposed to be a secret? Yoyo."
He mocked. Faking a skull, he stopped his mock and gestured me to continue.

"When I got the letter,  instead of saying yes or no, I corrected all the grammar mistakes and spellings and gave them back to him," I said my ears turning red.

Juyeon stayed silent for a moment until he busted out of laughter. "Oh my gosh, Yoyo. This is the funniest propose story I ever heard." He said between the laughter.

"My turn! And no dodging this time." I said, remembering how he avoided every question possible.
"Fair enough."
"Who are Lights out?" I asked.

Eyeing me sideways, "why do you want to know about our producers?"
I didn't answer. "Acting tough, huh?...okay."

He leaned back on his palms. "We met regularly. They bring the music to us, Cre.ker picks the best one, words get added later."

"What do you mean words get added later? They don't write the lyrics?"
Juyeon shook his head.
"Who does, then?"

His eyes gleamed at me
"I do."

***

I felt my mouth dry as I didn't think he would be the one writing the lyrics of I'm your boy. I thought it could be Sunwoo but Juyeon being the one shocked me nonetheless.

"But...it didn't mention online."
"It's kind of a new thing. You...okay?" He asked noticing my place face.
"Yep. No. Yes, I'm fine. It's just.. your lyrics, they remind-

"Um, hello, Juyeon ah?" Irritation was shown in his face at the sound of the voice behind. He looked at me, giving a weak smile.

"Oh.....hey....Soojin..." All of us were facing each other with weird glances until Soojin said with a playful grin, "The boyz said I might find you here."