Chapter 20; consequences of rumors

"Are you okay?" I stepped backward, sniffling. I shook my head, clearly not okay at all. Even after crying for an hour straight, tears seemed to find their way back.

"Look, I know you're upset but things will get better." I didn't say anything to him. "When you think about it, it's kind of cool. The whole school thinks you're the biggest legend since Hyunjae," He said trying to cheer me up like Haknyeon although he knew he failed.

"I don't care," I said wiping the tears with a tissue. "I don't want people to talk about me. I don't want them staring at me. I don't want them to even pay attention to me. I don't..."

I let out a huge sigh. "Besides all that, did you know what happens? People have been leaving mean comments all over my Instagram. It was Mina, I know it was. People are saying horrible things-"

"They will delete the comments, Yoona. I know they will."

"It doesn't matter. What matters is that the fact that it is out now," I stared at my hands cradled in his. "Maybe I should just close my-"

I stopped absurdly hearing the hint of footsteps and faint of chatters coming towards the toilet. I looked at Changmin shocked. He quickly ran towards the door, unlocked it, and dragged both of us into the stall where the two of us could fit.

I touched my finger to my lips. Holding my breath, "Oh my god, did you hear about that?" Through the narrow slit of the door, I could see two girls standing in front of the mirror, fiddling with their hair.

"Yeah, Can you believe that photo of Yoona and Juyeon?"
"I know right? It's got to be a joke."
My eyes met Changmin's.

"Yeah," agreed on the first girl. "I mean...Kang Yoona?"
"I know. Why would he be into her? She's so...quiet." Changmin grabbed my hand again.

"He's hot though, right?"
"Juyeon? Crazy hot!"
"Also, that guy outside is super hot actually. It is a pity that he's such an uptight person," the second girl said.

"Yeah. I don't get why he keeps stopping us to go to the toilet. Like does he want us to go to the boys' ?! Ugh.."
The girl suddenly turned around making me shrank backward, hoping she didn't see me.

"You did yet?"
"Yeah, let's go." Both of the girls left, walking past us and out through the door. I crouched down my head in my hands.

"Don't listen to them," said Changmin after waiting for a moment to make sure you they left. "That was Choi Ara- She can barely tie her shoelaces." I managed a weak smile.

He shot a concerned look. "Where do you think they got the picture?" He asked. I shrugged.

"I don't know...but it has to be Juyeon...No-one else knew about the picture. God. I feel so stupid for trusting him," I said, running through my hair. I wouldn't make that mistake again. That's for sure.

"Shall we go outside? I will be with you the whole time since Haknyeon isn't here. I can promise you that..."

I couldn't stand the thought of me staying at school for the afternoon. So I decided to sneak out during our recess. Although Changmin said that he would come with me, I convinced him to stay. I didn't want him to get in trouble with me, plus, I need my alone time.

Instead of stopping me, Changmin just simply pulled out his phone and dialed someone's number. Haknyeon's.

Haknyeon had read through his lengthy rant like a rap, non-stop. He was pretty upset about the situation like the rest of us. But for Haknyeon, who was once a fan of the infamous blog, the issue angered him and he was extremely disappointed in whoever the admin was.