Chapter 31; That day

By the time we reached the back door, Changmin was at the boiling point.
"Yoona. Yoona. Yoona. Yoona." I placed a hand on each of his shoulders and tried to establish eye contact.

"Ming! You have to calm down. This isn't cool."
"I know. I know, but every time I think about meeting them, especially Younghoon, I feel like I'm going to pee in my pants. Is that normal?"

Changmin had taken hours for his look for the evening, with Haknyeon's help. In the end, he ended up with a blue Gucci shirt with stripes, dark-brown colored pants, and a beret on top. He was looking awesome and adorable.

"Is peeing in your pants normal?" I repeated. "Uh-huh."
"Ming, that's not normal at all."
"Okay. Noted- no pant peeing."

"Hey, Hyunjun....!" Hyunjun was standing in the doorway. When he turned around, he beamed at us and threw me a high-five. The security guards flanking the doorway gave us a nod.

"Yooooona!" Hyunjun pointed at my head. "Hey, where's your hat?"
Mina's face flashed up in my mind. I flattened my hair at the back.

"I'm... trying a new look."
"Nice! I like it!"

His eyes fell on Changmin. "And who's your friend?" We both waited for Changmin to reply. He appeared to be holding his breath.

"Ming?" I said, tugging him on his sleeve. He swallowed. "...Changmin..." He said, swallowing a smile, eyes unblinking.

Hyunjun smiled at him and opened the door, stretching out his arm.
"Come on in." Changmin stepped through the doorway hesitantly, like a kitten exploring its new home,

and I followed him inside. The guards closed the door behind us.

The Gangnam show has been known as the group's homecoming concert, and Juyeon told me that the tickets were sold out in under thirty seconds.

The queue outside the lobby was the biggest I'd seen so far, and even inside the building, you could still hear the cheering.

Hyunjun was leading us through winding corridors towards the dressing room, with Ming- hiccuping as he often did when he was overexcited- and whispering, "This is the coolest," to himself.

When we arrived, Younghoon and Sunwoo were lying on the sofa, listening to music. Hyunjae immediately sat up when he saw me.

"Yoona!" he said, his smile, as always, all teeth. Perfect white teeth. "You brought company."

"This is Ming," I said and everybody waved hello. Changmin waved back.
"This is your first Crescent concert, Changmin ssi?" asked Younghoon, plucking a bottle of water from the fridge.

Changmin stared back at him. His eyes had gone wide and bright, like little moons, his dimples showing its purity.

"First time," I confirmed. "He's a huge fan." Excluding the illegal streams. I thought.

"Hey, you girls fancy seeing the stage before they let anyone in?" Hyunjae was gesturing toward the doorway.

Changmin had turned into a little excited hamster, his eyes began to flit from side to side. he didn't know whether to gawp at Younghoon or Hyunjae.

"I'd love to, Hyunjae," I said, "but I promised I'd...I mean, I said to Juyeon that-"

"It's cool," said Hyunjae, our eyes locking for the briefest spilt second. Energy passed between us, and it felt like he was trying to tell me something.

I turned to Changmin.
"You wanna stay here?" I said, feeling our roles had reversed. "Hang out with the guys, maybe see the stage?"

Changmin was dumbstruck. This was probably the longest I'd seen him gone without uttering a word.