Chapter 17; The calm before the storm

The reflection from the train's window calmed me down as it traveled back to Songdo with full speed. This time, I couldn't risk being in a bloody argument with dad so I came out early.

So early that I had missed most of the concert. The boys were shouting their slogan as they introduced themselves to the hovering crowd. Cresent... It a great name. It suits them a lot.

I'd been sad if I didn't stay for the first song but thanks to my surprise, it was "I'm your boy", that they started with.

More than the stars in the night sky
You dazzle and shine so bright
More than anything else in the world (you)
All of the memories in me
I'll engrave them deep in my heart

They were singling out those words, his words to the thousands of adoring fans. I know it's impossible to be connected to him especially since Juyeon told him he's the one who writes them

but the song is like my guilty pleasure. I just found myself humming to it at random times.

Taking out my earphones, a piece of note got out of my bag. I looked into it and saw

Send me the pics? I'll find you up on Twitter.
You should come again, Yoyo. You're not so bad yourself. Ju~

It somehow brought a tiny smile to me even though I don't want to admit it.

***

Minutes turned into hours, hours turned into days and a week has passed already. It was Friday evening, the trio was in Haknyeon's home.

Their faces were barely seen as they were so into the books they were reading. Or it seemed like it. All of them were dozing off.

"Learning about literature is a nightmare!" was one of the many things they shared in common. Although Haknyeon was usually the most active one while studying, even he was mumbling some sort of spells with his eyes closed. My closest guess is that he was dreaming about Harry Potter again.

Changmin...well. He is asleep, he has been-
"You know what! Let's not spend time with this crap!" A sudden roar from him, who I thought was asleep flinched the hell out of us.

"What?!" I rubbed her eyes as she removed the hair making her looked like a ghost. "I was just about to pat Buckbeak....what a bummer..." Haknyeon mumbled.

"Instead of reading this, let's spend our time with the latest interview with Jimmy!"

Jimmy was a famous TV presenter who has his own Friday talk show with stars every week.

"... I'm sure you all know what's coming next," It was Jimmy from the screen as the video began. Lights swirled around as the audience clapped. "LADIES AND GENTLEMAN!! the hottest pop stars on the planet, CRESENT!!"

The camera zoomed into Hyunjun, Sunwoo, Hyunjae, Younghoon, and Juyeon, their eyes bright, skins glowing. They were all dressed in either black or red tuxedos which made the audience screamed and wolf-whistled.
(In Sunwoo's case, yellow.)

"Oh my...." It was all Changmin could say.
"Calm down everyone," Jimmy said as the group settled down on the sofa, making themselves comfortable.

"Ok, boys. First off. What...a..crazy year for you guys!" Cheers came from the audience. "You all are like Kings right now. You guys can't even go out without being mobbed. Eh?" He asked with a chuckle.