Chapter 11; Cresent's new release

Cresent's new song out today

"I'm your boy"

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Oh my gosh! Have you listened to Cresent's new song: yet?? Can I just tell that it was amazing? So many feelings...and it was so cute

Can't believe it is a special release for us. They love us too much, don't they?🥺 Also, the fact that they had that song since pre-debut...🤧

Also, aren't you all excited about our boy, Hyunjoon's drama? The BL drama? We, Moonlights are so well-fed for sure as Younghoon's drama just ended recently.

Anyways, what are your thoughts about the song? Stream Moonlights!💞🌜

xoxo Moonlights will protect Cresent xoxo

-

As if there was a pandemic happening, in every corner of the school, you could hear the new song playing.

As expected, the school cafeteria was the worst. One of the cheerleaders was standing on the table dancing to Cresent's songs on repeat as they celebrated the comeback.

"The new song is amazing!!!" Haknyeon snapped me back into reality as he spoke about the song. Instead of paying attention to him, my eyes landed on Changmin who hummed as he continued looking at his phone, busy with something.

"Did they play at the concert?" Asked Hak, munching on his sandwich. I shrugged as I honestly couldn't remember every song.

"I still can't remember you were actually at backstage..." I rose an eyebrow at his statement, "And I still can't believe how you were completely calm meeting THE FLIPPING KIM SUNWOO like you used to say."

Haknyeon cheekily smiled as I said it.
"I may or may not met him before..."
I choked on my food as soon as I heard it.
"You what?!" I gasped, eyes widened.

In my tiny circle of friends, Haknyeon was the craziest fan, aka Moonlight for Cresent as far as I could remember. He would tell me every single thing about them ever since they debuted.

I couldn't believe he hadn't told me before.
Moreover, I couldn't believe the gossip king had his mouth shut for who knows how long.

"Guys, I have to go," Said Changmin, grabbed his bag and stood up. "Oh..okay," I was confused by the sudden action but before we could say anything, he was already gone.

"Weird......Anyways, since when did you two meet?" I asked as my curiosity killed the cat.

"Well, that's for me to know and that's for you to find out," Said Haknyeon, outsmarting me again.
I gasped once again, couldn't believe what was happening.

"Enough with me and Sunwoo," Haknyeon said, sneakily taking my cupcake. "You alright?"

"Yeah... it's just...um..." I pondered as my mind was debating whether I should tell him or not. As I glanced at the table just by the window, after seeing her shooting laser beams at me, I decided why not?

"Song Mina thinks I ratted on her."
"Huh? Why?"
"At the party, I saw her spiking the drinks. And I was holding my camera at that time so she thinks it was me who turned her in."

Haknyeon made an O expression as he stopped chewing. The look on Hak had told me I was right to be worried. Mina was expelled from numerous schools before coming to Songdo high. I'm not usually someone who easily believes rumors but those were straight-up facts.

"Maybe I need to go talk to her," I spoke up glancing at Mina who was still throwing draggers but this time, Kwan Jimin had joined the glaring party.

"That's not a good idea," Haknyeon said wondering at the direction I was looking. "Her dad is in prison... she might or might not... know..," seeing Haknyeon made a killing hand movement, it was quite enough for me to stop what I was thinking.

"Why don't we just listen to Cresent's new song? I heard it's pretty amazing!" Haknyeon said taking out his earphones, wiggling his eyebrows.

"This is already the fifth time you had mentioned it today," I said, grabbing one of the earphones. "And you'll hear it more," Hak said, turning up the music.

As he sneaked my dessert, I put on the earphones and listen to the song. "Jae sings the first part. He sounds sooooo dreamy.....Then Sunwoo came with...."

Words faded as I continued listening to it. As the track unfolded, Saturday night came back to my vision. Did they play at the concert? I'm not sure at all.

Either way, Hak was right. Hyunjae's calm and sweet voice sounded amazing as Sunwoo's smooth part carried on. The song was amazing but it was something else that caught my attention.

Something unexpected

I must have heard it wrong. That happened all the time, right? People mishearing lyrics. Especially foreign songs?

But well......not this one.

Thanks in together under the same sky
in the number of parts to sing this
in when you can see the force
Thank you very much

'Cause the I'm Your Boy
the I'm Your Boy, the I'm Your Boy
' Cause the I'm Your Boy
the I'm Your boy, I'm your boy

I felt too familiar with a song I had never felt before. It's just a strange thing that happens to your brain sometimes, right?

More than the stars in the night sky
You dazzle and shine so bright
More than anything else in the world (you)
All of the memories in me
I'll engrave them deep in my heart

That part- it was from my brother's book... I remembered it of course!... I shook my head and shook off that thought. With Mina clouding in my head, I wasn't thinking straight so I'm just imagining things, right?

'Cause the I'm your Boy
the I'm your Boy, the I'm your Boy
'Cause the I'm your Boy
the I'm your Boy, the I'm your Boy

But that chorus just hit me saying 'no, you aren't imagining things' as it was that part of the page I didn't like it honestly. I didn't like that part but it grew on me genuinely after he died. But how?!

I got up from the table and walked away quickly, not looking back at Haknyeon at all. After making sure I was alone, I took a deep breath.

The song, the lyrics... Those weren't just similar to Yeo's poem..they were identical. It was as if it was ripped off from his book. I felt as if someone was blowing a huge balloon inside my body and about to pop it, my body about to explode. My heartbeat was rising bit by bit.

I knew it's impossible and completely crazy but somehow, I felt as if the song was about me.

+×+
Hello!
So happy to bring the good news that I got great marks from the exam!! It was worth it.

Also about the song... it's quite weird cuz I had a hard time choosing which one to use which song but ended up with I'm your boy. Hope you enjoyed this chap tho💞

P.S Sorry about the very late update! I had no wifi for three days.