Chapter 12; Full of questions

I couldn't concentrate in class the whole day. Every time I try to concentrate, my mind just kept going back to the song. It was even worse than Saturday night.

As I and Haknyeon walked on the Hoya road, questions continued to pop up in my head.

(_INseongMin *winks* )

No matter how many they were, the main one was How could the words were written by my brother turn up 4 years later in a popular pop song?

It was as if someone stole his thoughts...

"Don't you think Ming is acting weird these days?" Haknyeon was chattering as he walked alongside me.

"And he even ditched us to hang out with those cheerleader-fan-girls. I mean I get it. We're both big Moonlights but it never hurts to hang out just once."

There's would be a reasonable explanation for sure, right? Everything happens for a reason.

"Also, he didn't answer my calls or my texts. He should at least read them. I should try ignoring him so that he realizes that we're his actual friends, not them."

We all know most boy groups don't write their songs, so where did the lyrics come from? Some random songwriter who knew my brother? Maybe...

"Anyways, I am stuck on this stupid Hitler project. I mean, why the hell do we need to write a one-page essay of just how he looks like."

Still, Yeo didn't know any songwriter or anyone from the music industry like that. I hadn't even seen him write songs even once cuz my dad prohibited it.

"Plus, he isn't my type, either. All of Hitler...what kind of a name is that?! And don't even make me start about how he has this- Hey, Are you okay?"

Haknyeon stopped in his track.
"Huh?" He eyed me underneath his cap.
"Everything okay? You're still worrying about Mina?"

I shook my head. "I'm fine."
Haknyeon looked at me for a good fifteen seconds as if he was that strict dentist while I was this naughty child who eats too many candies.

"I know exactly what you need." With that smirk, he dragged me to the street I was familiar with.

"I'm so glad you're here, Yoona. I miss having you around ever since this boy scared you with the pigs." Haknyeon's mother said, giving a light slap on his back.

I laughed at the good old memory. Haknyeon brought me to his house without telling me thirty pigs were living in his house that day, and well... As someone who hates pigs, it shocked the daylight out of me.

"Mom! Another plate!" Haknyeon said, munching on the last kimbap which he stole from me. "Coming right up!" She replied quickly.

"Now let's go", We walked up to his bedroom, preparing to do the homework as we chit chat. 

As we were talking about a random topic, my mind was about to blow up as I wanted to ask how did he meet Sunwoo so bad. Moreover, I wanted to tell him about the song.

" You alright?" He gave me a concerned look. As our eyes met, I wanted to tell him so bad. But the more I thought about it, the crazier it sounded.

Even in my head, it was embarrassing already. "Just stressed about school and Mina, you know?" I faked a smile.

"You know what I do when I'm feeling sad?" I rose an eyebrow. "I have never seen you sad before..." Haknyeon turned at me as he said," We all deal with things differently. That's why."

"Now answer my question", I grinned. "Play trot songs!" He shook his head,  "I'm thinking about coating the whole house with marshmallows." I shook my head with the childish thought of his. Weird enough, he somehow managed to make me feel better."

As we continued doing our boring Hitler research, a question popped up in my brain. As much as I claimed I would never ask just a few days ago, I did ironically.

"What do you think of the new single?" I tried my best to slip it naturally but looking at his face, I guessed I failed.
"I knew it! You LOVE Crescent!!!" He pointed his finger at my nose, jumping up and down.

"NOOOO"
"YESSSS"
"NOOOOOOO"
"YESSSSSSSSSSSS"

After minutes of endless yes and no, Haknyeon finally calmed down.
"It's probably just a confession towards a girl." 

***

In the evening, back at home, I found myself staring at the screen which shows Crescent's new song "I'm your boy" on repeat. It has got a million views already.

More than the stars in the night sky
You dazzle and shine so bright
More than anything else in the world (you)
All of the memories in me
I'll engrave them deep in my heart

It weirds me out that my brother's "poem" became the lyrics of the last part of the song, not the first part, or the chorus but the last.
I could also say he has the last part of the song in a way.

I checked out the official lyrics website and they were exactly as I heard. Wikipedia says that the song was produced by a group called Lights out! Of course, I stalked them as soon as I found out what their names were but it was a dead-end. No mentions of writing the lyrics of I'm your boy. It was nowhere close to my brother.

My phone buzzed when I was about to start whining.

Hyunjae: How are you? It has been a hectic week so far for me. ;)

I smiled as I read the message. Busy :) Think the pics are ready. Should I send them over?

I had pulled a total of twenty-five pictures from that night after spending hours of editing. Although I could do better if I had more time, I was satisfied with the pictures.

Hyunjae: Great! Just send them to my manager! Also, Sunwoo says Hi! He also asked me to um...says hi to Haknyeon?

I giggled at the last words. That trot boy is going so well with Sunwoo. After I replied to him, I stumbled against a comment under "I'm your boy" mv. It was written by a username called Juyeon's soulmate.

Omg the song is totally about me.

The visible dark shade of red could be seen on my face as embarrassment hit in. I'm starting to become so delusional these days. Gosh...

I spent that night with a super weird dream where Hitler appeared with no mustache.

Screw you Ju Haknyeon.

+×+
I'm so sorry the chapters are progressing so slow. I'm that type of writer who stretches the book and regrets afterward so Apologies for that! Anyway, the next chapter will be updated early cuz why not? 😉

Happy 3rd anniversary to The boyz!!
It has been such a journey watching them grew up🥺 Let's support them on Kingdom our best, deobis💓💓💓
Plus, the Christmassy mv is so adorable 😍😍😍

(I'm about to have a mental breakdown cuz SKZ, ATZ and TBZ are in my top 5 bags😭😭.... Screw you, Mnet!!)