Chapter 14; The second time always makes things easier

You know what they say about lying, the first time can be hard but the second time it becomes easier. The third time, you get used to it.

And I can confirm for you that it's right. Cuz unlike the first time, lying to dad that I was going to a friend's party was easier this time.

As I jumped out of the train, i wandered around the buildings, shops and food trucks. It was only half past three yet, but the venue seemed to be already in action. Since there were already a long queue of fans waiting to go in.

As I walked towards the gate, I found one girl holding a banner screams, "Kim Sunwoo is mine!!" with a photo of a trashcan glued besides Sunwoo's face. I giggled at her the poster, imagining how furious Hak would be if he saw this.

Speaking of him, he and Sunwoo are doing fine from what he said that he even offered him a VIP ticket but Hak refused that he won't be able to come and he doesn't want those kind of things.

It seems like they are really intoeach other and I've got to say it Haknyeon has never liked a celebrity or an idol for more than five months until he met Cresent. So I can say he's really into Sunwoo. And I wish everything works out well.

For Changmin, he is normal but something is happening. I just know it. I just didn't have a chance to ask.

***

"Hey, it's Yoona," I snapped out of my thoughts as Younghoon popped up beside the stage door, holding a book.

"Hey," I waved at him and asked him what he was reading. He showed me at the book cover, grinning.

"How to make the perfect bread 101?? Seriously!?" I glanced at him, with a grin. "Hey, I have to live up to my name, Bbanghoon I didn't earn it that easily!" He smiled.

"But I do love reading tho. You know what they say, knowledge is the power!" He said as he pointed to the ceiling as if he was holding a sword like a warrior. "Do you know who says that?"

"Um...no?" I rose an eyebrow.
"Same here. Jesus? Socrates? Who knows.." He muttered as I leaned against the wall next to him, asking how was things going on.

As we talked about different topics, he suddenly asked, "You're not really a fan, aren't you?" I blinked twice hearing a sudden question.

I broke the eye contact with him as I didn't know what to answer. Being frank wouldn't be the best way here at the moment.

"Um....n-no! Of course! You guys are amazing." I stuttered.
"I know," he laughed. "But I meant before Jae brought you in for the gig in Songdo. You weren't in our group then, were you?"

"Hey, um..no offense but-"
"None taken, Yoona." He smiled, looking at me to continue my sentence. I sighed in defeat.

"Yup. I wasn't into you guys back then. I just knew who you guys were."
"Working with someone you don't know much is hard at first. I'm glad you're still here willing to work with us." He smiled.

"If Jae knew about this, he would be like I would act better than you." We laughed. "Though.. he didn't seem to realize it cuz....." I didn't hear what he said afterwards since he whispered too soft.

"Speaking of devil," I turned around at where Younghoon was looking at. Then I saw Hyunjae's figure becoming bigger and bigger as he walked nearer to us. I smiled at him as he smiled back at us.

Just before Hyunjae could greet me, Younghoon whispered into my ear, "That kid is obessed with acting so make sure you don't talk about it with him" and walked into the room where we could hear Sunwoo and Hyunjun's laughs.

"Hey Yoona!" He said giving me a hug, surprising my extended hand. "Sorry I'm late. I had an emergency dress code."

"So how's school?" asked Hyunjae, leaning over the wall. "Not bad..It's not that exciting like hanging out with you guys tho."
"Don't worry, you'll be out soon."

"You're saying as if I was in prison." I gasped dramatically eventhough I wasn't sure why I even did it. "Nah! The food is way better in prison. You don't need to do diet." He waved his hand.

"How are things for you guys?" I asked as we walked into the room where the rest are at.
"Great. Always have been."
"Heard the new single. It's great!"

He started talking about something but I couldn't care what he said as I couldn't stop staring at his eyes. Geez...

"Hey I've got something for you." He shared a smile at me as he noticed my half-confused, half-surprised look.

"At the gig last week, I heard your friend and Sunwoo talking about you." He said grabbing something behind him. "And I heard him saying you were quite insecure about your camera being a second handed so..."

"Ta-da!!!" He said passing me a box packed in white, with a huge words, CANON written on the paper. "Look at it!"

I opened it with my trembling hands. I already knew what it was going to be as I had been dying to buy it that I could remember every single detail of it, even the packaging.

"I-" It was brand-new Canon EOS R6. My dream camera. It even got an extra len. Oh my gosh....

I looked up at him, tiny tears forming in my eyes. He was staring at me with sparkles in his eyes. My heart skipped a bit, butterflies appearing as I felt my stomach clutched.

"I-I c-can't accept it..." I tried to give it back to him but he refused immediately.
"No, this is for you. And you can take it."

"This is very very kind of you but this is just too much. This is extremely expensive. Thank you so much but I will just take your sincerity." He shook his head at me.

"You're welcome but you can take this. Really. They pay us too much for the job anyway so it's a pleasure to spend it for you."

I felt my heart skipped once again.

"But how did you know I wanted this...Holy Chanhee...You can't just guess what camera to buy.." I asked.
"I saw your comment under your post." He said.

"Huh?"
"Under one of your school gigs' pictures. In the comments section."

I formed a O expression as I realized what I meant. I had written under one of my posts that
Love this pic so much <33 Although it could be a lot better with my dream cam :< wish a bunch of money just appear magically
#CANONEOSR6

If it was Haknyeon or Changmin, or even Chanhee I would already give him a hug do tight that they won't be able to breathe properly.

But it was Hyunjae so I had to hold back every inches of urge not to hug too tight. I just looked him in the eyes and smiled widely.

"Thank you so so much" I said hugging him for seconds. "It means a lot."

I almost felt like crying in happiness. I was astonished. This was one of the nicest things people had ever done for me in my life...