Chapter 13; One bold action

"Didn't your family ever tell it's rude to stare?"

It was Song Mina staring down at me, chewing her gum loudly. Kwan Mina was there beside her, with two other boys I could recognize as their boyfriends.

After accidentally bumping into her multiple times in the hallways, but purposely not making any interactions, she finally decided to talk at me in the same spot, the last time we encountered.

"Oh wait", She gasped. "Her daddy is busy with his works, and I almost forgot." She added, her head cocked. "The rest of her family? Gone Gone gone~"

Hearing their laughs echoing the hallways made boiled my anger so hard. Forcing myself to calm down, I said,

"I want to talk about the dance", boldly. She didn't reply, instead, she bent down low enough to whisper near my ear like the last time. "I know you think it was me but.." She cut me off. "No, I don't think it was you."

"I know it was you," She formed a flat joyless smile standing again. I sighed, knowing she won't believe me whatever I say.

"I don't care why you told them," She said calmly, my teeth gritting. "But thanks to you, Mr.Joel gave me three weeks' detentions and my old man went normal ."

"What do you want me to say?" Folding my arms, digging every confidence I could find. "Nothing."

"Just know that one day, I will pay you back," She locked her eyes on me with the same cold gaze from the cafeteria.

"See you around, eh?" She said and leaving me in the hallways, with a brand new cigarette in her mouth.

They're just words. She doesn't know anything about me. They don't mean anything. I repeated in my head as I walked away in a different direction.

***

I was sitting on my bed, with a bunch of documents surrounded me as usual. We were having an assignment about multiverse this week. And let me tell you, it sucks.

As I tried to figure the words, I heard the flicking on the TV downstairs. I could picture my dad with a pile of files on the table, his glasses resting on top. His eyebrows furrowed.

We hadn't spoken since the night of the concert. Since that night I started wondering about what happened between my dad and my brother.

Hey Yoona!
I felt butterflies in my stomach as I read who the text is from. It has been two days he hasn't replied but what can I do? Hate him for being a world-famous singer? Nah.

Hey! Hyunjae..you good? Did you get my photos?
Yep! Got em, sorry that I have been MIA for a few days. Things have been crazy.

Anyway, The pictures should be up by............
Now!

A smile crept up on my face. I loaded on the page after replying I am taking a look.
As I refreshed the homepage, they appeared. Feeling a rush gathered in my stomach, I held my breath, unsure of whether I should be excited or scared.

Found them yet ;)
Oh my God, yes I see them

There were serval pictures of them, taken on the rooftop, with the city skyline blazing behind them. Sunwoo being the ladies' man, Juyeon dancing with a fan, Hyunjun riding the skateboard as Younghoon chased him, the same Younghoon reading a book in the middle of the chaos at the after-party. Hyunjae lying on the sofa smiling at them.