Chapter 23; Proposal

"Hey Juyeon, you up here?"
A voice came from the entrance, it was Hyunjae.

"Juyeon...?"
Both Juyeon and I shared a guilty look. I stood up, putting my hand on my right cheek to hide my blush from seeing. I stepped away from him but Hyunjae already saw us.

"Oh...Yoona..."
He was holding two water bottles in his hands, looking at both of us with an unreadable expression. The gloomy aura was all around him.

"What's going on?"
The short silence felt heavy.
"We were...just doing some photos," lies... We all looked at my camera, which was lying on the floor, completely inside its case.

Hyunjae grabbed the handle and said, "We need you downstairs," with a sigh.
Juyeon closed his eyes for a moment.
"Really? Yoy- Yoona was about to crush the piano. I mean...literally!"

Hyunjae didn't laugh, he just replied to us with a cold look.
"Geez...Stay here if you want. I'm not your babysitter-"
"Okay. Fine." He got up from the seat, grabbing his bag from the corner. "I'm coming. Chill!"

When Juyeon looked up, Hyunjae was already gone. "Dude! Slow down!"
Juyeon hurried out of the room, then stopped, spun on his heel, and leaned back into the room.

"I forgot: your scrunchie!" He said as he tossed it in the air, and I caught it.
"Yoyo,"
"Yeah?" I answered, finally acknowledging the nickname.

"Your hair. I like it that way." He said, shooting a smile. "Still, don't force it just because of me."
I touched a hand to my head, my hair still down. When I looked up, he was gone.

***

The blooming voice-over filled the whole building as the dry-ice filled the space as Hyunjae showed me earlier. Spotlights were dazzling as the boyz were lined up, lights lit up dramatically on their backs.

Just as the song about to kick out, a woman in a white N green blouse cut in, running from the other side.
"Stop. whoa! Stop. Kill it." She looked at the sound engineer and the track stopped all of a sudden.

"Thanks. Now, why does this keep happening? This is the sixth time, you know?" The woman talked to the staff as they tried to fix the problem. Now, this was the reality of the Kpop mv shooting.

Just as the boyz were into the mood or getting passionate, something would randomly start going wrong. As the staff tried to fix it as soon as possible, all of their faces would drop like some puppies being kicked out.

They were at the edge of the set, waiting for twenty minutes to fix the problem which all of us prayed to be the last. Younghoon was lying on Sunwoo's lap while Sunwoo was throwing peanuts at Hyunjun and Juyeon. They all looked carefree on the outside.

This may have ruined the shoot but it was the perfect moment for me. After all, most of my pictures come from these types of interactions.

"Guys! Want to know something funny?"
Hyunjun asked as he took a handful of peanuts from the bowl.
Juyeon and Sunwoo nodded instantly, Hyunjun's facelifted up but soon his ego got crushed by the response from Younghoon: "ew. no❤️."

Hyunjun made a disgusted face as he dramatically "fell" over Juyeon.
"That was better than your acting b*tch."
"You jerk!"

Younghoon started throwing peanuts which were originally in Sunwoo's hands. Hyunjun took cover with Juyeon being his shield. He laughed and he smirked at the same time. Soon enough, Sunwoo and Juyeon joined, making a mess yet it was an organized mess.