Chapter 25; "I really like you"

We arrived at the hotel late, around 2 a.m. It had been an exhausting day for the group: hours of traveling, a lengthy TV interview, and a two hours long concert. For the final hour of the journey, everyone on the bus, aside from the driver had been fast asleep.

We were stepping off the bus when a figure approached us from the dark.
"Juyeon...hey, Juyeon!"

Juyeon stepped down from the bus, his bodyguards surrounding him. Light from the hotel passed over the figure, and I recognized him instantly.

"Juyeon, it's Kim Joong-sik from TC, listen! I-"
"No press," said one for the bodyguards, waving the man away. I studied his face closely and it came to me. He'd been in the huddle of reporters outside the venue in Starling, pushing Juyeon about his parents. (Chapter 16)

"Come on mate! I've been waiting for hours."
"Mr.Kim. it's two o'clock in the morning."
Juyeon kept his head down, flanked by the rest of the teammates, pushed on towards the hotel entrance. I followed a few places behind.

"Juyeon, come on!" said the reporter, across the driveway. "Tell us about your family. The people want to know about the full story, just give me ten minutes-"

"Back off," three bodyguards had broken away from the group and formed a triangle around the guy. Trapped behind them, he looked small, like a rat in a cage.

"Don't make us call the police," said one of the bodyguards. The reporter threw up his hands in surrender. "Oh god, fine. Keep your wig on." As he kept away, he cupped his hands over his mouth and shouted in our direction. "Sleep well, boyz!"

The bodyguards stood their ground until Kim Joong-sik had retreated to his car. As we crossed the lobby, he clicked open the car, dropped inside, and drove off into the night.

The hotel lobby was amazing. It had a high ceiling, a sweeping stairway, all cream-colored marble, and glittering chandeliers. A group of the hotel staff came to show our rooms and before I knew it, my luggage had been loaded onto a trolley.

I said good night to the boyz and was shown to my room, high up on the fourth floor. Five minutes later, I was standing barefoot at the window of my hotel room. Flashes of that night's concert came back to me.

I'd spent the whole show waiting for someone to break, for Juyeon or for Hyunjae to turn to one another, but it hadn't happened.

Perhaps they got it out of their system.
Perhaps this was just what tour life was like.

Are you awake? I looked down at Juyeon's message, and my mouth curled up into a smile.
Nope. Fast asleep. In my head, I heard his laugh.

Soo... I'm looking at my schedule and tomorrow is wide open. You + me, chilling out...what do you say?
What do you have in mind?
Dunno yet. I'll think of something

I glanced up from my phone, through the window, I could see stars twinkling in the dark. Perhaps, if we spent more proper time together, I could finally confront Juyeon about his lyrics, away from the others. Somewhere private, like Hak said.

I'm in.
3 p.m?
3 it is.
Night Yoyo xx
Night x

I wiggled my toes into the luxurious carpet. Dad and I had occasionally stayed in hotels on holidays, but I'd never been in one this expensive, and certainly not on my own. I had a stunning sea view, suite bathroom, and a double beck. It was everything I could wish for. Holding up my phone, I stood back against the window to take a picture and then sent it to the group chat.

Oh shut up!
I know.
Haknyeon had stayed up late, sending me messages after messages, while Changmin sent me voice messages after voice messages. Although he wanted to do the same as Haknyeon, it was too late for him to be awake. I am already grateful enough to have them.