Similar Scenarios?

A week. That’s how much time passed since that night. Haechan was back at attending classes regularly just how he used to and Mark skipped from time to time when needed. Attendance was definitely something they weren’t the best at but their grades made up for that. And if Mark missed something, Haechan was always there to help.

Mark, compared to back then, opened up more to Haechan and his attitude shifted to a more approachable and kinder one with no layer of rudeness and nonchalance in there masking his gentle and pure gestures. Obviously, there were still things which the elder couldn’t share but Haechan was fine with it as long as he came back fine. Or at least looking fine.

With the behavioural change (even if kept quite low in the educational grounds) students who paid attention to the two weren’t really pleased with the way things turned out. And with a certain someone out the way, it would be easier to get their anger out like the old days, no?

“Look who finally decided to show up with no knight in shining armour!”

Haechan couldn’t help but roll his eyes at the annoying voice which filled his ears.

‘Really, now?’ He thought, turning the water faucet off and shaking his hands to get the liquid off them as he stared back at the four figures in the mirror, raising his brow up once he saw a smirk on their lips.

“I see you’re not scared anymore.” The one he remembered to be the second in lead after Mark – and the one he didn’t bother to recall his name along with the others – spoke with fake amusement in his voice.

“When was I ever?” Haechan said, turning around, and folding his arms over his chest while leaning slightly on the sink behind him. “If I remember correctly, you were the one who were scared to get caught bothering me and not being able to get a beg to stop from me. Mark was very keen on getting that out of me just like you four.”

The smirk which left the four’s lips now made its way on Haechan’s lips – with more satisfaction.

That was true and both parties were fully aware of it. Haechan was never scared about being hit or tasting their punches and never once begged for it to stop. Not when that’s literally what they wanted. He wasn’t going to let them have their win and loose his pride in the process. Only reason why he didn’t bother to attack back was because he knew that that will only increase the amount and time. If for those moments to end quicker meant that he had to zip his mouth and act like a punching bag, then so be it.

Well, that’s what Haechan from back then would have followed. 

Now, with being constantly exposed to worse crap and having to stick around with Mark’s bullshit, he didn’t feel it in him to actually shut up and take in whatever they threw at him. No, Haechan will fight if it’s needed. As long as that meant he won’t be needing to answer the guys back at the warehouse and then get guilty eyes from all of them, Mark included; he didn’t like it how he kept on blaming himself when he didn’t even contribute. But then again, he’s the one who started it in the first place so it made sense. Even so, bottom line was, Haechan didn’t like seeing those guilty eyes and would try to prevent them in any way possible.

“You piece of–”

Haechan skipped a step to the side when one of the guys came pouncing at him, directly throwing the punch meant for him on the white sink as he missed his target. Seeing the opportunity, Haechan elbowed the other right at the centre of his spine, hoping that would take him out of the picture for a little while to the least. 

It didn’t take long for the other ones to attack too and the brunette was glad he was facing the mirror so he could plainly see who was coming from where. Cracking his neck a little, he proceeded on making a motion of throwing a punch to his right when in reality he hooked his foot on the guy’s leg and pulled him down with as much force as he could transfer to his limb, resulting in the other to fall on the tiled floor with a thud.