Unfamiliarities

Haechan woke up with a sharp pain spreading through his body.

It took time to open up his eyes but when he did everything around him was pure black. He thought that it was either he never opened his eyes in the first place, he somehow became blind or the room was actually purely black or maybe all of the above. Never exclude the 'all of the above' choice, it's a crucial one. It can be fundamental in its own ways. He didn't like the dark room option but it was still better than being blind or not being able to open up his eyes or all of them, so he decided that the dark room would be better.

He quickly but carefully turned on his side facing away from the solid structured wall now behind him. His whole body hurt for some reason his brain could not figure out. Haechan noticed that nowadays he tends to forget things quite easily but then blamed it on the lack of sleep and the tiredness he has been experiencing.

Just as his eyes adapted to the dark he realized that the place he was in now was not his room and that the bed he was sleeping and still laying on was not his bed.

When he realized that, he tried to sit up and lean on the bed's head boarder but when he shot up his head did a few spins and his whole body fell back down making a thumping sound against the soft mattress.

Because his head was not functioning so well, he thought it was best to go back to sleep and take advantage of the time he has before it turns into hell again, which he did not want with all of his heart, but counting on his luck and the situation he is in now, peace is really limited, so better take advantage of what little of it he had now or it will get wasted.

There was this uneasy feeling inside him saying that it was not safe, but he just slept through it.

Time Skip

Haechan woke up again to what seemed like the sound of a car's engine roaring.

Next thing he knew, he was standing in front of the window observing the dull black sports car leave the unfamiliar place he was trapped in.

After that everything went quiet to the point you could here a pin drop's sound if there was one.

Haechan returned to the bed and set there trying to recall what happened so far to him.

Just as he saw the bruises embedded on his skin, his mind exploded from the information that came rushing through all at once.

He softly brushed his fingers on the bruises, which were caused by the tight metal chains when he was still in that other room, hung up, like a chunk of meat no one wanted.

What really happened before he got into this mess was actually not that clear but he did remember key points.

It was a week after the school started and he was back at his house, in his kitchen, just washing some dishes. It did not take that long as he was already half a way through them . His father was still missing but he never reported it to the police, it wasn't the first time he left him alone for a long time, so there was nothing to worry about, that's what he thought. Then he heard some noises coming from the back garden, trying to look through the window was a failure as the only thing he could see was his own reflection, that is unless he squinted his eyes, which he knew would hurt if he kept doing it for too long. At the end he decided to go and check it out. When he went out the soft autumn wind hit him and made him feel quite refreshed. Then he started to look everywhere, remembering the whole reason he came outside for, but his researches conducted him to nowhere. Sighing he glanced to his right spotting a little black cat sitting on the wall separating this side from the other side. He thought it was the cat the one who was making the noises so he did not investigate anymore and chose to go back in the kitchen to get something to eat for the little feline. But just as he turned towards the door, a strong hand grabbed him from the back and covered his mouth with a cloth, which he thought was drenched with sleeping solution as he could not even put up a minimum fight before collapsing and completely black out.

Then the event in that room occurred and he did not dare to remember that in detail as it resurrected all the pain in his mind and those 'whys' which were never asked.

In the end Haechan did admit that the flashback and those 'key points', which he recalled, were actually pretty accurate and detailed for him considering that his mind is still not that clear, yet.

For the first time in a long time his stomach actually made noises indicating that he was hungry. That was new to him as he normally didn't really need to eat that much to survive through out a day. Which then made him wonder of how long has it been that he was there.

Is not like he could do anything in this place anyway, so he just stood up and started walking in circles, as that would help, trying to find a solution.

After ten minutes he gave up and chose to explore the unfamiliar place before that car comes back.