Where are those things?

After the relaxing bath and dressing up, Haechan went to his room. He laid on his bed with a half wet and half dry towel still hanging round his neck. He turned his head here and there looking for someone in that small room of his. But no one was found. Then he closed his eyes trying to focus his hearing sense and hear if anyone was still in the house apart from him.

A loud sigh was heard in the room when he felt sure he heard no movement around the house.

"Where did he go? At least he could have said something." Haechan got up lazily to head downstairs in the living room.

"Why am I worrying about where he goes?" He said while raffling his own hair out of frustration.

When he reached the living room and saw no one- it's not like he was expecting anyone in the first place- he made his way to the kitchen. He himself didn't know why he went to the kitchen. His body moved on his own. Maybe because he was hungry or maybe not. Haechan did not have a single idea. That is until a sound was heard; that sound came from the boy who looked down at his stomach annoyed.

"Seriously! Why am i getting hungry these days?" He went to the cupboards and fridge to look for something, but was greeted by nothingness. He rummaged through some drawers and the only thing he found was a paper and a first aid kit.

Then it accoured to him the main reason he wanted to come back in this house . . .

"The inhaler!" The boy shouted at the top of his lungs as he remembered.

Haechan opened every cupboard and drawer to look for the inhaler. Even after checking the fridge and freezer, there were no results. He started looking everywhere giving no fucks if the kitchen looked as if a tornado passed through it.

All his hunger was forgotten.

After he finished checking the kitchen, he made his way to the living room. At first the room was clean and neat but in less than ten minutes the worried wondering boy ended up messing it up just like the kitchen. If he continued at that pace he knew that the whole house would end up looking like a tornado made a trip there.

Not wanting the matter to get to his head, he took deep breathes to calm himself. He went towards the book shelf and took the books out one by one putting them on a small table behind him. Since Haechan's focus was too much on the bookshelf he did not realise the fact that he ended up piling up the books. The way he piled them up was not even in a proper way as there were some thick but small in size books at the bottom with on top thicker books but larger in surface area causing the small books at the bottom not being able to withstand the weight and the improper way they were put in.

A loud and painful groan resonated in the once organized room.

The books had finally lost it and fell on the focused but unfocused boy without any previous warning. Them being thick and heavy in weight did not help as it increased the pain he received.

His head was spinning, so when there was a knock on the door, he was not able to catch it. The second knock also went unnoticed. But the loud knocking on the window brought him back to his senses. By moving the books away and freeing himself, he stood up and made his way to the door.

However the only thoughts in his mind were still about his inhaler and something else the hit with the books made him have a hint of; he thought hard but couldn't put his finger on it.

He opened the door not caring who was at the other end and just went back to the living room not realizing fright was decorating his face.

Someone shut the front door and footsteps going to the kitchen were heard. But Haechan wasn't paying attention to that right now because he finally remembered what other thing he had forgotten.

The boy became perplexed and his body slowly slided down to the floor leaning back on the sofa behind him.

A hand was brought to his temple and he began to massage it as he tried to process the last place where he placed those two things. Without even noticing his own actions, he lowly mumbled words which were incoherent to himself too.

Shuffling could be heard and footsteps heading towards him. The figure, which the perplexed boy had no idea of, crouched down in front of him and gave him a look before repeating what the boy kept repeating, making him move his gaze to face him.

"Where are those things?" The crouching figure repeated in a questionable tone while looking directly at the boy in front of him.

"What?" Haechan asked not understanding what he has asked.

"What do you mean what? You're the one saying those words not me."

"When did you even return? I thought you were gone for good." Haechan mumbled the last sentence not wanting it to be heard from the older.

"What do you mean when? You were the one who opened the door a few seconds ago." The older replied.

"And don't think you can get rid of me that easily. And if you don't pay attention to who enters this house then I am not going to be surprised if you end up dying because you accidentally let a thief in your house." He added before sitting in front of the younger.

"So you admit your a thief." Haechan remarked but then understood what the older said and thought that maybe that's the answer to his questions.

'Maybe they were stolen by thieves just like Mark indirectly said. I really hope not. Mum will be angry.' Haechan thought while looking at the hand which was previously massaging his temple out of stress.

Mark ignored the remark and looked at the room wondering if cows just ran through it. Then his eyes fell upon the bookshelf and the dispersed pile of messed up books at its feets. A Korean copy of Sherlock Holmes' 'A Study in Scarlet' caught his eye. He got up to pick it up but the younger jumped up from his position, way before he could fully stand up, and shouted something along the lines of: "Maybe, just maybe they are . . ."

While saying that Haechan had a vibrant face on. So wanting to know what the reason was, Mark followed him thinking that the book could wait for a bit.

Haechan rushed up the stairs being followed by a curious Mark. He slammed open the half open door of his room and started putting the room upside down looking for the objects. When Mark saw this he wondered if the boy had gone crazy or did he just feel like putting the whole house upside down. He leaned on the door frame and kept observing the young boy doing whatever he was doing. He saw him pulling out the drawer boxes to their maximum and reaching for the part behind it. The struggle was visible just like water is in a clear glass.

The struggling boy huffed not being able to reach the place. He knew there was a plastic bag there, he felt it with his own fingers but he was not able to push himself further to grab it. He looked around the room for anything he could use to grab it. When he saw Mark leaning against the door frame, a little twinkle appeared in his eyes along with a thought.

'He might not be a tool but will be probably able to reach it. I just hope he accepts to help me.' He got up and went to where his 'tool' was. He took Mark's hand and dragged him to the drawers - surprising him in the process.

"Don't say anything, please. Just help me get the plastic bag at the other end. Pretty please! It's important." All through that he kept his eyes shut not wanting to meet the older's eyes.

Mark wanting this to finish and get it over and done with so that he can go and eat, kneeled down and reached for the same place the younger was struggling to reach. When his hand made contact with the plastic bag, he swiftly took it out and placed it on the bed; patted the dust off the light pink hoodie and the white jeans before facing Haechan and telling him:
"Open your eyes."

The boy obeyed and when his eyes met the plastic bag, the small sparkle became larger. Immediately he went to it and opened it revealing a royal red coloured rectangular box with a soft velvet covering, next to it a box big enough containing what seemed like his inhaler.

He opened the red box, which had a velvety touch it, only expecting to just see one thing, but what his eyes met made the sparkle in his eyes disappear.