Regrets Pt.2

For some reason Heachan felt uneasy. He uncomfortably wiggled in the chair waiting for the second option. Unconsciously he started digging his nails in his thigh out of fear. The nails digged in so much that the pain was nearly becoming unbearable but he just ignored.

'I have other things to worry about than stupid pain right now.' Was what he thought.

Mark continued.

"Or . . ."

A long sigh left his mouth

"My old follower died in her last mission so now I need a new one. So the second option was . . ."

Haechan hated the pauses Mark was taking. He could tell he was doing it on purpose.

The older saw the younger starting to get distressed and he started to enjoy it but still kept a straight face.

Mark leaned in closer and intertwined his fingers while having his elbows resting on his knees.

He tilted his head and said with a sly smirk:
"Or . . .
2. Give up his son to me and make him my follower. So that he works under me and I can do whatever I want to him and he does what I want him to do; him and his father are not allowed to utter a single word and deny with any demamd if he chooses this option as his means of escape. But, remember he won't get payed for the jobs which I make him do. This jobs that he will be forced to do are to repay the mistakes and problems his dear father has caused to us and if he makes a wrong move . . . Then I am allowed to kill him."

Mark finished explaining the long awaited second option.

"WHAT?!" Haechan shouted in disbelief while quickly getting up from the chair, his shy and quiet charachter long forgotten.

"You heard me clearly. I'm not going to repeat myself. But from your reaction I can deduce that you already know what option your selfish father took." Mark smirked again. He was enjoying this way too much for his own good.

"I can't believe your father left you in this kind of situation without explaining anything and just saved his own skin. He must really hate you. But then again that is none of my business. I asked for a follower and i got one. That is all I care about." He continued.

Mark was right about to lean back in the sofa again but a question stopped him from doing that action normally but instead he leaned back slowly observing the younger's face.

The younger asked: "What if I don't want to be your so called follower?"

"Huh?"

"Basically, what happens if I refuse to accept to be your follower?" Haechan repeated while sitting down cautiously back but still keeping his gaze fixed on the older.

Mark first pointed at Haechan with his index finger and then the floor and said: "Then you will go down."

Another "huh?" was heard in the room. But this one had a confused tone to it and it was the younger who voiced it out this time not the older.

"You will go down and low. As I already said if you choose this option then you are not allowed to deny its conditions." Mark said becoming irritated.

"What if I do!" The younger got louder and Mark wasn't liking it at all.

"Then I am going to block every single way for you to have an education and job." Mark stated firmly.

After taking in what Mark had said, Haechan's eyes shot open.

"NO! YOU CA-"

Right at that moment both of them shot up from their seat.

"YES! I CAN"

Mark got closer to the younger and explained to him again the consequences of denying the choice which was chosen by his selfish father.

"YOU!OBEY.ME!" He shouted losing his temper.

Haechan flinched when he heard him shout and fell back in the sit he previously sat in.

Mark got hold of the two armrests of the chair and got dangerously closer to the younger to make the point crystal clear to him.

Haechan faced away to his right and gulped.

"If you don't then you know the consequences. And, we all know that living in this world without a proper education and a proper job is impossible because then you're as good as nothing. But if you think you can do without them, then you're indeed living in a fool's paradise." Mark didn't shout it but anger was still evident in his voice.

He got up from his previous position and headed towards the door.

Haechan released a breath he didn't notice he kept in.

"If you really didn't want to do it then you should have checked the papers before you did something which you would have regretted. There's no point in crying over spoilt milk now." Mark made his final point and then disappeared through the doors which lead out of the living room to the corridor.

Haechan let a long shaky sigh escape his mouth. He leaned further into the chair and faced the white ceiling above him.

'I really do regret everything.' Was the only thought in his still confused mind.

He covered his eyes with his right arm and closed them, trying to have a peaceful moment to relax his mind in or then he knew that he would go certainly crazy.

Right when he closed his eyes a lonely tear was all that rolled down his sun kissed cheecks which were being brightened by the small rays of  the sun penetrating through the clouds, curtains and the clean,clear, glass window.

After that one tear all Haechan could do was just sigh in despair and fear.

His mind was becoming too heavy to deal with and since his eyes were already closed, it wasn't so difficult for his brain to slowly turn off and try to go to sleep.