Intrusion

"What about the 18th?" Mark asked looking at the pieces of papers scattered around the coffee table in the living room. Taeyong's schedule neatly and precisely typed on them.

"I have extra classes on that day." Haechan answered, taking a small bite from one of the sandwiches he wipped up as a light midnight snack for the both of them.

Currently, it was the middle of the night of the 12th of November and both of them were in the living room, discussing on which day they would be free while also inspecting the days where Taeyong would be gone from the mansion long enough for them to infiltrate and search for any clues he had on her death.

Well, to put it nicely or more like sugar coating it to the point you might get diabetes, Mark liked to see it as, and Haechan quotes, "Going through my own household thoroughly to search up something I believe will help me with my exceptionally long research."

When Haechan heard that, he had rolled his eyes with such force that for a second he thought it would get stuck there at the back of his head.

Much to both of their dismay, it didn't.

He still had to face Mark's face everytime he woke up and Mark had to always see the other roll his eyes backwards when he annoyed him, proposed an idea he did not agree with or said something stupid in general. This was all according to what the younger thought about his actions even though most of the times both of them would just laugh it off after a little glaring contest.

"What about the 20th?" Mark said as he took a sip of warm water to sooth his dry throat a bit.

"I swear you have something to do on that day."

Mark let his lips mold into an "o" shape before crossing that option off of the list. He frowned looking at the two remaining options.

The 22nd and 29th of November.

If the 29th didn't work out, it was going to be hard for him to deal with the things on the 22nd even if they were more on the flexible side since the person he was dealing with on that day was really understanding and reasonable when it came to serious business. But one thing he also knew was that that person could also be full on childish, the same level as they're mature, and might as well go all the way to start throwing a fit so that they would be allowed to tug along with them.

Mark sighed and leaned in on the couch, piece of paper loosely hanging inbetween his fingers.

"Any luck with the 29th?" His voice, now tired and a visible lack of hope in it, said.

"Let me think." Haechan said as he started thinking while cleaning off the excess crumbs that stuck to his fingers by rubbing them against eachother.

"Wait I remember!" His face lit up when he said that and Mark thought that maybe, finally, there was hope. But no, that hope was thrown right out the window when he heard what the younger had to say next.

"I have a date with Jeno on that day!" Haechan exclaimed dreamily, not feeling shy or embarassed anymore to mention his relationship with the eye smile boy to the older.

This time, Mark was the one to roll his eyes.

"Can you not push that back to a later date?"

"No!" Haechan was firm with his statement. "It's difficult to spend some alone time, with the winter exams near and the semester coming to an end, let alone going on dates. We both want to relax before focusing on studies again, so we thought that since we haven't been spending that much time together maybe a date would be a perfect plan."

"You see eachother in class everyday and if not, then in the corridors." Mark said, a little annoyed that the younger was so passionate about spending his time with Jeno.