White Night Pt. 2

“Thank you for picking me up, hyung.” Renjun said in a quiet voice once he entered the living room, where someone was patiently waiting for him while preparing his favourite tea. “I’m sorry I called you so out of nowhere.”

“No problem!” The elder responded as he filled up a cup with the pleasingly hot jasmine tea, turning around once finished and taking a look at the other. Tilting his head, he pressed his lips in a line as he saw Renjun’s appearance.

Renjun, feeling self-conscious under that stare, avoided the elder’s eyes and paid great interest in the lose strand of the towel that draped around his neck. Thinking his face still looked extra puffy as a result of the hours he had spent shedding tears didn’t help either as heat rose to his face. However, that didn’t mean that the teasing he got was one he didn’t expect; it was a given that he would be teased on that topic from the moment he saw the outfit he was given.

It was really only a simple white tee and grey sweatpants, but the important detail here was their respective sizes.

“Though, I do believe that is a problem.” The elder stated, looking at Renjun up and down again, before he continued with, “they’re not even mine but Taeyong’s.”

This made Renjun slightly pout and glare at the other who started laughing after witnessing the little blush that had started to creep up his cheeks, finding it cute.

The way the other talked made it seem like he was way too exposed, when in reality it was actually protecting way more than it would have had they been the elder’s clothes. Sure, his collar bone might have been a little bit more exposed than usual but if they really were his, than maybe it would have been better if he just walked around shirtless. When compared, their physiques were a whole a-hundred-and-eighty-degrees apart, though Renjun would probably intercept and say that it’s a ninety or a-hundred-and-thirty-five.

“Jaehyun hyung,” Renjun said a little louder as he saw him laughing harder at whatever stupidity he had thought of. As he saw it not stopping any time soon even after using his casual name, he decided to resort in calling him his real name, something only Taeyong was known for doing but at the same time, it wasn’t that rare to see Renjun pull out the same card, mainly after that particular incident in the study. “Mr Jung Yoonho.”

Jaehyun stopped laughing immediately, though he did kick out three more dry chuckles before blinking and letting his face settle into a more serious one. “Ah, yeah . . . sorry about that. Here’s your tea.”

The instant drop in mood made Renjun curse in his mind. ‘Huang, it was just a light joke for God’s sake.’

As he slowly made his way to the sofa set not that far away from the ceiling to floor windows, he tried to quickly come up with something which could have brought back what he dropped.

His mind not really being able to pull out a joke when it’s needed, Renjun instead opted with just going ahead and say a fact which Jaehyun was probably against, a friendly kind of against.

As he sat down and reached for the cup, he said, “I was fine with wearing my other clothes again, you were the one who insisted in making me change and take a shower.”

“And let you catch a cold and have my ears experience hours of scolding not just from Taeyong hyung, but Doyoung hyung and Winwin? Yeah, I’ll pass on that thank you.” Jaehyun protectively held himself as he slightly shivered to emphasise his next sentence. “Last time was a nightmare.”

“Last time wasn’t about this.” Renjun pointed out as he took a sip from the tea, liking it how his little self-assigned mission was not a complete fail.

“I’m not taking any chances.” Jaehyun shot a lopsided smile at Renjun. That’s when the younger knew he didn’t have to try hard anymore, and that the elder accepted his apology.