Unfamiliarities Pt.2

After Haechan made his decision, he proceeded on taking small and light steps towards the wooden textured looking door because he still wasn't 100% sure yet about the place having no humans or any kind of living species -apart from himself- there hiding somewhere.

Just as he turned the knob of the door a sense of anxiety hit him in the stomach. However his hunger being stronger than that other feeling, which was trying to take over, lead him outside the fairly cold room to a hallway being lightened by the dusty dawn sky and the first rays of the sun penetrating through the creeks the curtains provided; causing streaks of sunlight hitting his face as he got closer to what looked like stairs heading to a lower floor.

When he was going downstairs, the stairs made creaky sounds indicating that the wood was not really in any good condition. After reaching the first floor he started looking for the kitchen and immediately found it after some turns here and there around the two floor house. While wondering, Haechan noticed how the house looked inhabited and to his luck there was no soul lurking around apart of him.

The hungry boy looked around for anything edible or can food. Inside a dusty cardboard he found a pack of ramen and in the sink there was a washed pan.

'Someone was here.' He thought

After checking the expiry date of the food and making sure he can still eat it, the boy boiled some water and put the ramen in. Some minutes passed and he added the seasonings to it. Mixed it properly and ended up eating it from the pan with some new wooden chopsticks he found in an unsealed pack.

Just a few minutes passed and...

"What are you doing?" A really sharp voice spoke out from the door leading to the leaving room startling him and making him burn the hand ,which was holding the chopsticks, with the hot soup that splattered from his little surprised jump.

It was understandable that he was surprised. Since his back was facing the door, he noticed no one coming and by his attention being all over the food, he forgot to check for any sound.

Just as the voice spoke he literally froze after hearing it and did not dare to turn around.

With his heart starting to beat like he just ran over a mile without a break, he tried to think of something.

His brown eyes fell upon the still hot pan of ramen and the stupidest request came out of the startled boy's mouth.

'but like is food...Ok. And i am starving for once! So...'  He thought

"At least... let me finish the food? Please?" He wanted it to sound like a question but the 'please' not the first part, however his shaky voice betrayed him.

"We can talk after I finish eating!" With agitation all over his voice he added.

With a sigh the person left.

As if mirroring the other person's action, another sigh could be heard in the kitchen; this one though was released shakily reflecting the emotions the startled boy had.

....

After finishing his little meal, the boy washed the dishes and prepared himself for what was going to happen when he went on the other side of these walls.

'I can do it. Worst case scenario... I will probably die. But... I really am curious.'

'Why?
Why me?
I wanna know.
...and more importantly...
Who?!'

His heart returning to the state when he heard that sharp voice did not help. Small steps towards the living room's door were taken. Every step he took, the more his heart wanted to escape from his chest. But the desire to know the answers to his 'whys' kept him going.

With a long breath released he went in that room.

Just as he went in and layed his eyes on the person's back he so feared to meet; his breath stopped.

Shock, fear and other unreadable emotions were all painted on Haechan's face.

'No way...
Why him...
Why him out of all the people...
Just why?'