Rescue Team Pt.2

A puff of ear formed in the cold air. The lollypop was pushed around by a bored tongue. Silence dominated the area the two cautiously walked in. A certain object on the floor hidden behind a pile of fallen metal pipes peeked through and caught the attention of one of them, making him stop right in his tracks and stare right back at it. Not feeling the presence of a certain someone beside him, the male with his hands tucked in his pockets craned his neck back and raised a brow when he saw the other just standing there. 

“Is there something wrong,” he asked, took his lollypop out pf his mouth and fully faced him, “Shotaro hyung?”

. . .

“It’s fucking freezing!” Renjun complained as he gritted his teeth, trying hard to not let them chatter but to no avail.

“Told you to wear more clothes.” Jaemin said while analysing their current surrounding.

Luckily for them, Jeno had left his location on; allowing them to easily track him down to where that one warehouse, they tried to invade but were unsuccessful at it because of a certain tan brunette, was situated.

Right now, they were walking around as quietly as they could, making sure to check their backs continuously as none of them knew what hid behind each corner.

Jaemin sighed when he saw Renjun suffering too much because of the winter’s air quality and shook his head before deciding that he could do without his own jacket and lent it to the elder before he could complain.

“What about you?” Renjun asked as he pulled the jacket closer to shield himself.

You could see from a mile that Jaemin too needed the protection from that certain clothing but chose to stay silent. This made Renjun get closer to him and look at him in the eyes.

“Jaemin . . .”

Said male stopped for a bit before walking again.

“Cuddling session for as long as I want if you want me to be warm.”

Renjun rolled his eyes at that and caught up to him when he realised he was about to be left behind.

“So?” When he saw a smirk adorn Jaemin’s lips after he said that, he knew he had no way out of it.

However, before he could respond with anything, they heard a bunch of voices from right around the corner. This made them both zip their lips shut and stop messing around. With frowns on their faces, they both headed for the nearby wall that lead to a familiar alleyway as quietly as they could.

When they were able to get a glimpse at what was happening in the alley, they both tried not to gasp loudly at the state of the first person both of their eyes’ landed on; bodies detaching themselves from the winter air in the same second.

“J-Je–”

“Shhh!” Renjun quickly shushed Jaemin up and even put a hand over his mouth before reaching for the gun he had previously secured at the back of his waist – unbeknownst to Jaemin.

Jaemin’s eyes widened in realisation when he saw that weapon being pulled out. He quickly tried to pull Renjun’s hand away from his mouth so that he could reason with him. Nothing seemed to be working when the grip only got tighter and the elder’s sharp nails started to partially dig in his skin, making him silently wince.

Renjun gulped as he tightened his grip on the gun and bit his bottom lip to concentrate his eyes on the target and not the person who was wiggling under his hold. He didn’t know why Jaemin didn’t overthrow him already when both knew he had the strength to, but he didn’t worry about that now. What occupied his mind now was how Jaemin will view him from today onwards. Afterall, what he was about to do could really shatter their relationship to little pieces. But what other option did he have apart of doing that to save the people’s lives which mattered more to him than, as hard as it was to admit, Jaemin’s acknowledgement.