Lee Taeyong

The freshly baked chocolate chip cookies, his mum currently made for the boys they were waiting to return, filled the whole mansion in its sweet, mouth watering, aroma.

Taeyong took in the smell and tried to relax. He leaned farther in the soft comfy couch and loosely hugged his legs, letting his mind takeover since it seemed as though this time his brain was not cooperating.

He kept thinking about what Doyoung said and now he was really worried. He had sent the boys to check if they were fine but now he was also worried for their own safety.

It was getting late and none of them had arrived yet. Not even sent a text of some sort. He tried to call but it was useless.

Deep down, he just hoped that the reason why his phone calls were never received was because all three of their phone's battery died or something of that sort. As long as it meant they were fine, he was fine with getting his calls ignored even if sometimes it could get irritating.

Letting out a sigh, he ran his fingers through his red hair in frustration.

If Mark ever caught them, he would never hurt them. Would he?

No, Taeyong knew his little brother well. He wasn't like that. And anyways, the four were close when they were younger and he knows that Mark would never let anything ever happen to the three since he cared way too much for them and well, Renjun . . .

Everyone, knew Mark had a really soft spot for that Chinese ever since the day he mentioned that he wanted to adopt him as his younger brother from the first day he and the others found him in the abandoned industrial part of the city, hiding in an abandoned warehouse - Taeyong now forgot the number of and where exactly it was.

Mark always wanted a little brother but it was impossible at that time. So when he found out that Renjun was an orphan, he really wanted him in his life.

Mark wasn't the only one who wanted him in their life. All of the Lee family was fond of the little chinese. This includes their late father but we'll get to what happened to him later.

Unfortunately, he wasn't adopted into the family after considering all the various factors. At that time Renjun's Korean wasn't the best and when Sicheng's family found out about him, they suggested that it would be better if he was in their family as it would be easier for the little one to get used to.

Everyone agreed after logically thinking about it since they wanted Renjun to grow in a safe environment and they knew that Winwin's family genuinely liked the orphan.

Mark, however, was reluctant at first to give up on his only chance to have a little brother but agreed either way when little Renjun promised him that he could still be his little brother, with his broken Korean at the time.

From then, the two did grow closer and went through hard times together like Renjun and Winwin's parents death but everything slowly changed after their own father's death.

When their father died because of a natural death as the reports and his personal doctors stated, their mother - after a month - married their uncle, making him their step-dad. Mark went back with Lily to his birth country - Canada - a week before their mother's second wedding day after hearing the announcement.

All of them knew that Mark hated the idea because she didn't even wait at least two months before re-marrying as they also knew that it wasn't because she loved him and Taeyong didn't blame him because he himself hated it.

They would have been fine if she wanted to find new love and someone close next to her so that she could move on at least after a few months, but literally after a month? That's what threw them off.