Who

It should have rung a bell when Chenle received the sudden message. A message which always leads to various places, "Let's talk." It was brief and clipped. And only now did he notice that, standing right in front of the bench he had waited a month ago on what he realised was their first date, not as friends, face to face with what looked like disappointment being schooled into nonchalance the second the words left his lips.

"Sorry?" Chenle blinked. "Could you repeat that please?"

Jisung sighed as he rested his weight on one foot and gave Chenle a bored look; the huge black under eyes were just an extra addition to that. "I know you heard me the first time but since you want me to repeat it so badly, I'll be more than happy to comply." A bit of silence, and the words came back to pierce through as if though the cold winter air had solidified and turned into a spear of ice to mercilessly stab. "Let's break up."

Chenle really hoped he could see his own expression right now. Currently, there were only two things he was sure of: he didn't know how he felt – everything inside of him was a mess, obscured by confusion; Park Jisung right in front of him looked like the most disinterested person ever – which is shocking to him, since this conversation wasn't about who stole whose candy. (In this situation, even that would gain more resolve from the other).

Chenle read Jisung right.

He was indeed very disinterested and wanted to get all of this over and done with, quick. There were far more important things to worry about than pursuing a relationship where it seemed as though he was the only one who was actually working hard for; that wanted it. For example: whatever was going on between Renjun and Jaemin. That deserved more of his time and attention since it was really ruining all they had and built. That is also the culprit to his current state because who in their right mind can sleep knowing that the person you're so comfortable with killed human beings, breaking the promise he himself once made, and the one who was always ready to throw his life for him now despised even the simple thought of having him stand in front of him. Certainly not Park Jisung.

So now, here he was, ending an extra headache, as he dubbed it himself.

"W-why?" Chenle didn't mean to stutter but he couldn't care any less now. He just wanted to know why all of this was happening, and fast.

Jisung gave him a dead stare before he talked. "I see no reason why we're together."

"What do y–" Chenle was shut when Jisung spoke again.

"You don't harbour feelings towards me and on top of that, don't even swing that way. I was the only one who wanted this. Sorry for forcing you." The last part, Chenle realised, he genuinely meant it, probably from the bottom of his heart. No, not probably, definitely.

Despite so, Chenle let his mind relax a bit at that. If all of this was really about that, then he knew he somehow would be able to talk it down and avoid this turning into something simply ugly. Hope rose in his chest. Little did he know, Park Jisung came to the park with the firm intent to leave it as a single man.

"Jisung, if it's about that, I told you that I just need time, right? You know I li–"

"Don't."

"Ji–"

"Don't lie! Not to me, not to yourself, not to anyone! Just don't lie!"

Chenle flinched and took some steps back. It wasn't everyday Jisung shouted. On the other hand, he never shouted, not at him, not at anyone – not out of anger at least. However, despair seemed to be a different case. He had the tendency to keep his tone levelled even when angry, opting to pointing out the other party's faults instead of raising his voice; unlike himself, who saw raising voices in an argument as a battle of dominance. So obviously it came as a shock when he did just that. And that's when Chenle realised, that he hated it; hated both Jisung who shouted out in anger and the one who kept his tone passive when angry. No, correction, Chenle hated whatever Jisung was feeling to make him act like that.