Confusion Pt. 2

Haechan was worried.

It was clearly evident in the way the only actions he had been doing for the past thirty minutes was walking back and forth from the kitchen to the living room and stealing a glance towards the door – from where a certain someone should have already entered through and greeted him – at least every minute.

Morning ticked by quietly with him just pondering over things here and there while forgetting about others as his attention was snatched by whatever was airing on the TV. Afternoon was when he noticed something seemed off as the appointed time went by with no familiar voice filling the house. And now, with darkness filling the world outside and the street lamps lighting the various roads, Haechan couldn’t stop his heart from worrying about the elder who should have been long next to him by now. Or at least somewhere in the house.

The hold around his phone tightened when the automatic female voice was the one answering him once again, informing how, at the moment, the number he tried to reach was out of service – which was the most foreign thing he heard since he knew the elder had a habit of silencing his phone but never turning it off. Well, at least not the one he was trying to contact him through.

Haechan couldn’t take it anymore and decided that walking back and forth while taking no real action was only going to be a waste of time so, he went with the first idea which made the most sense to him: to go to the warehouse and see what they know about the situation and maybe get a distraction if everything was indeed fine and he was just being overdramatic.

Grabbing a thick coat, so that he could protect himself from the cold air surrounding the country, Haechan also shoved his inhaler in one of his pockets – just for extra security measures – as he made sure every room in the house was closed before making his way out.

A cloud of white and smoky air formed right in front of his eyes as the puff of breath he released the second he got out travelled up in his vision line, hypnotising him a bit by the way it shined a little thanks to the bright lamppost a few feet away from him.

Shaking his head at the way he was starting to admire nature at the worst time, he scolded himself and immediately started jogging towards the bus stop he recalled passing by whenever Mark would drive them to campus.

Haechan full on started running when he saw the last bus for where he was headed was about to depart. Waving his hands frantically as to silently signal his plea of wait, he was glad the driver waited for a longer time. Successfully entering the warm bus, an apologetic nod was what he gave towards the bored man, who only waved him off after he scanned his card.

The bus was practically deserted. After all, it was past eleven in the night.

With that being said, it was understandable as to why Haechan was freaking out about Mark’s whereabouts.

When the bus moved, Haechan jolted from his standing position and quickly slid in an empty seat for two and scooted closer to the window seat, resting his head on the glass but then removing it the next second because of the annoying vibrations it transferred to his head; he knew he’d end up having a headache if he left it there for the whole ride – that’s something he didn’t want to risk.

Apart of the driver and him, there were only three other people in the vehicle. The one a couple of seats in front of him was a young couple, probably around his age, who were sleeping – the girl resting her head on the man and him resting his on her head. It looked cute to say the least.; the other passenger was an old man who held a wooden stick in his hands for support.

The whole ride was quiet if you excluded the low background music which came from the driver’s radio. A slow yet addictive melodic tune. A pleasure to Haechan’s ears as it calmed him down and finally let him sigh out loud.