💔68💔

CHAPTER 68

MERCY'S POV

FIVE YEARS LATER.

I stepped down from my BMW which Hakeem got for me as my birthday gift placing a sunshade on my face as I did. I walked down the parking lot returning the greetings of the other worker before entering my company.

Well not just mine but Anu's and I's own. we partnered together to form the company. It is not really a company though, we can call it an art gallery which befits it.

I am a renowned, worldwide photographer, yeah, a picture of mine went really global and now my services are high in demand right now. It has not been easy though, I would say it is the reward of hardwork.

Anu is an interior designer, her services are also high in demand. We partnered last two years ago. My works had a three months exclusive contract with her before it is taken to a gallery or being bought.

Most times, the people who demand her services end up buying my works or the other art works in the gallery.

I walked into the building, thanking God for leaving that hot sun and entering an AC filled building instead.

I greeted the workers present there too before getting into the VIP elevator. I tapped the top floor and watched the door get closed.

Anu spent a lot of money here, I don't blame her though, the money is in surplus. The VIP elevator is another proof too. It was so comfortable and I swear, if chairs can also be placed there, a big leather chair would have been placed there.

The elevator handle and bottons were all in gold.

I am not complaining sha, I love it.

The elevator pinged and I walked out of it, my heels making clicking sound as it touched the floor. The top floor had only mine and Anu's office.

I did not go to mine though, knew Anu have resumed and her Bugatti also prove me right. I got into her office instead without even knocking.

She was on a call so I just sat on the leather seat in front of her,

"look James, I can't anymore. I told you it was for fun only..... I know babe, I know but I don't feel that way...... come on James, I told you when we started that it is without any feelings attached... James, I have to go."

She said and cut the call.

Early in the morning and she was already breaking hearts.

We have both known each other for close to five years, we have been best friends for four and I can say I can't even count the hearts she has broken in that period. I gave her a pointed look once she dropped the phone but she just shrugged. James was a cute guy and it was obvious that he liked her but mama here does not like that idea.

"what happen to you? Don't even start your preaching this early in the morning."

I chuckled and dropped my purse on the table.

"and mama, remove your shades, you are inside."

I rolled my eyes and let out a hiss but still did as told,

"na you sabi."

I said back and made sure my scowl was visible, I was about to rant to her and she knew it.

"I thought you were not coming to work today, are you not going on that date with Hakeem?"

I hissed again immediately she said it. Exactly what I wanted to talk about. He made me dress up and everything, I even wore my stiletto heels today and my wine fitted gown which stopped midthigh. I looked hot right now, Anu and I planned the outfit together for the date and after dressing up and everything, he told me he had a yeye emergency meeting.