💔57💔

hello guys,

how have you been?

i am really sorry for the late update, school kept me busy.

i know most people are angry,

epeele, truly sorry once more.

okay read on....

CHAPTER 57

MERCY'S POV

I stared at my phone, reading through different articles on schools abroad that I could go to and was in the same state with where Hakeem chose but everything just got me confused.

I dropped my phone in anger and placed my head in my hands trying to think all this through. All that has happened in the last one week. I feel it, what am I saying? I know it. Every time he would want to ask something but stop.

What is happening now?

How would we cope?

"hey, babe what's wrong?"

The said person asked dropping on the couch beside me. He tried to pull my hand from my face and I let him. I stared as he watched in surprise, angry tears falling from my eyes.

"Mercy, why are you crying?"

He asked quickly cleaning my face with his hands. I am just so tired, he can't just leave like that. How would I cope? I know I agreed with his mum but coming to reality and seeing that he had less than one month left here was driving me crazy.

"don't leave me Hakeem, please."

I pleaded and he quickly pulled me into a hug. He rubbed his hands down my back in a soothing motion but it was doing nothing in making me calm. How can I be calm? This is not right. Everything happening is not right for crying out loud.

"shhh, it is going to be fine."

He said his voice slightly breaking too. I know it is selfish of me to try to hold him back. He needs this.

"I am going home today. I would ask my mum if I can go to school abroad too, we can make it work."

I said pulling back from the hug and staring deep into his eyes. He looked tired already, and I felt worse putting him through this.

"we can babe. And if you...."

"I would go do not speak negatively."

I cut him off and stood up immediately going to the bathroom.

"Babe, wait."

I turned back to him,

"when you come back, maybe tomorrow, we can go on a date together. Just the two of us, what do you say?"

Why does it feel like we are trying to build good memories before he goes? Why does it feel like this? Even though in my heart I was tearing up, I stepped closer to him and hugged him again.

"who else wants to join our date?"

"babe oo, do not spoil the mood."

"which yeye mood?"

"it is a romantic mood."

He groaned out while I just pulled back from the hug and gave him a quick kiss on his lips. He placed his hands on my waist trying to pull me closer like he could not get enough but I really did not want to get late to meet mum and dad since they were travelling.