💔48💔

last chapter for today,

it was supposed to be five updates but i stopped here.

read on,

CHAPTER 48

MERCY'S POV

The atmosphere of Lagos on Saturday morning filled the air.

Everywhere was filled with different colors of aso-ebi, judge, Ankara, lace and so on.

It was quite obvious that they were all going to various parties. If not wedding, then burial, if not that, then it is probably birthday party.

Abi which other party remain?

I watched as two old women stood by the bus stop asking any bus that passed what their bus fare was?

Lagos and party.

I turned away and faced my phone.

I was going back home inside the car with Mr. Wale driving me.

Thankfully when they asked Mr. Henry if I could go, he said yes but I should finish my medications.

Dad also helped in the matter saying it would be bad if I missed out today.

I stayed up all night with him, chatting and just checking my Instagram page.

Immediately it was twelve, I sent an epistle to him and posted his pictures on my status.

Let me flaunt my hot boyfriend jare.

I also added Halima's own and she quickly replied with a love emoji and lots of thank you.

While I posted pictures of them, they both posted picture of each other instead.

Twins goal.

I opened my WhatsApp and my status was literally filled with birthday wishes from Trisha, Mide, Gori even wrote an extremely cute and lovely epistle and it was very long for Halima.

I figured out they have been together for three years now, close to four years.

Wow!

I wish Hakeem and I could also be like that.

I remembered what happened yesterday, when my dad gave me that tempting document.

I could not open it.

If anything was wrong with him or if his past was filled with bad stuffs, I would rather much he tells me by himself than read it on a sheet of paper.

I just wished he would open up to me, cause the way my dad said it, the expression on his face, it was quite serious.

I sighed and rubbed my face.

The curiosity was killing me, and I did not want to do anything to break his trust because what else can that do than to break his trust.

The only thing that I noticed was the fact that he hardly slept and ate and let's not forget his mood swings which was reducing now adays, especially since we started dating.

"we are here."

Mr. Wale said bringing me out of my thoughts.

I looked around and he was right, the car was parked in front of the building.

"thank you, sir."

I said with a smile and stepped out of the car. Once I was out, I closed the car door and walked towards the gate.