💔63💔

CHAPTER 63

MERCY'S POV

I stared hard at him, believe? Really, believe? I travelled from Nigeria to here just to meet him, to be with him, end the distant relationship stuff and now that I am here he was busy with that bitch.

I did not even realize I was crying, I missed being in his arms, hugging him and him hugging me right now just made me weak. I hugged him back and breathed in his scent. He still smelt the same way but he looked different, he looked really handsome. Very handsome. Why did that have to happen?

What even happened?

The scene came back to my mind and I pulled back slowly,

"what happened? Tell me the truth and not that story you were saying."

He sighed and rubbed his head, I know he was frustrated, he was not expecting this, I was not too.

Something told me to just believe him but that scene keeps flashing. I need an explanation and not just that.

"I told you already Mercy."

I chuckled,

"do I look like a fool?"

I asked incredulously.

"Mercy, she knocked on my door when I got back home and I had already taken off my top. Anu told me to talk to her, tell her how I really felt and maybe she would stop then but it was a mistake. She tried to seduce me, took of her clothes while I was at the door, I opened the door for her to leave only to meet her naked. I closed my eyes and told her to leave before the count of three but she... she kissed me, I pushed her and she lands on my bed. I was about to tell her off when you opened the door."

Wait, was that a movie or something. How does it so happen that she falls on the bed,

"do you really expect me to believe that?"

I asked with a chuckle, he moved closer and held my hand, shit I missed him. I was not expecting this to happen.

"you know I won't lie about stuffs like these."

He said quietly,

"it feels like you are right now."

"trust me. please, Just trust me Mercy."

He pleaded, trust? My mind went back to all the drama that happened last year because of this so called trust. I did not trust him and look at where it took us. But Hakeem won't do that again, right?

He was fine now. I can see it and feel it. But can I trust him? I trust him what am I even saying.

"I trust you Hakeem."

I said quietly, and he looked relieved and happy like he was not expecting that. I learnt over the year that trust was more important in a relationship and I just felt he was saying the truth. And also he cannot come up with that kind of lie immediately, bah?

"there is a but, right?"

I nodded.

"look I  trust you but I am not staying in that house with that slut and if I ever find out that you are lying."
I cannot stay in that house oo, never and Hakeem too should better start packing abeg.

"I am not lying Mercy. You are the most important person in my life and I will never want to hurt you Mercy. All I do I have you in mind. You keep me going and you think I would risk that for who? Her? No. I would never. I am happy you are here and I feel worse that I broke your heart just the first day we met after a year. I remember when I was leaving, I told you I wanted to become better and even though I am I still manage to hurt you on the first day. I am sorry Mercy, that you had to see that. That you felt heartbroken because of me again."