💔47💔

hello guys,

just as promised.

read on!

CHAPTER 47

MERCY'S POV

"to make it short."

I nodded; well I guess I will have to do with the summarized version of it.

"I had a boyfriend a year ago, we made the perfect couple. One day, something tragic happened and I was given a chance to help but my father did not believe me but instead locked me up.

Ever since that time I haven't met my boyfriend and my best friend. I met him recently at a club and I don't know. I just want everything to be like before you know?"

Even though she said that was the shortest way to put it a drop of tear still dropped from her eyes making me feel bad for forcing her to talk.

I guess everyone had their skeletons in their closets.

I sighed and rubbed her hands gently.

I did not know what to say to comfort her, so I just did that.

When she was done, she looked at me with a smile.

"now you know my darkest past."

She said lightly and I nodded.

A way to tell her that her secrets were save with me.

I wanted to ask what tragic thing happened, but I knew that would only hurt her more, so I kept quiet and nodded with a warm smile.

"what will happen if you meet him?"

I asked,

"I will explain my part of the story."

She simply said back and faced her phone showing end of discussion.

................................................

One last step, just one last step and I will be free.

I muttered to myself as I finally opened the gate.

I was really tired, and Hakeem was still at school so he could not give me a lift home today since I could not wait another hour there.

I stepped inside and breathed out in relief.

I walked inside and muttered greetings to some of my neighbor downstairs until my eyes caught one.

Fikunmi and not just her, she was with Teni and they were laughing and doing whatever couples do.

The guts they had but not even guts. The conscience they lacked to do that.

Maybe they were not feeling guilty at all, but it is all in the past now.

I walked ahead like I did not see them, but I know I caught their attention since I heard Teni call my name while talking.

"shit, Mercy."

I heard him say but just ignored the feeling to talk or to acknowledge them.

They were not worth my time.

He was just a mistake in my part. And they were the perfect couple; the guy who cheated and lied to his girlfriend and the girl who betrayed her friend who was the said girlfriend.

Real match.

I wonder the type of con-artist they will give birth too if they should marry.

I used my last energy to climb the stairs and for the first time I regretted living upstairs.