💔56💔

hiya guys,

an update!

and my resumption got postponed again more time to write!

and thanks to all those who send heart warming messages to me and comments. love y'all and you all are the best.

thanks a lot!

okay read on,

CHAPTER 56

HAKEEM'S POV

I stared at my dad with my mouth wide opened. I did not know what to think, how Mercy would be feeling beside me and why the fuck they would want to take me to abroad just for a rehabilitation.

"what the fuck do you mean by abroad?"

I shrieked out.

"Kehinde language."

Mum scolded from where she sat. she only calls me that when she is angry. And from the looks of it she was.

I chuckled bitterly, she was still thinking about language, at this point. When they just dropped another bomb?

"Hakeem."

I heard a rather soothing voice from beside me. Her hands came in contact with my arm and the feeling it brought to me. It made everything seemed better and I do not even know how she made that possible.

I slowly turned to her, too scared to look her in the eyes.

I just have too much baggage for her. caused lots of trouble for her and she did not deserve it.

After much courage, I looked at her and as expected it was filled with tears.

I blinked hard, my heart clenching just at the sight and faced those who were busy spoiling everyone's mood. No way in hell would I go to the states.

"look your father and I has spoken about this. You scared us, in fact we almost lost you, again. You were getting better there, and we thought maybe you could go to school and visit the rehab and your psychiatrist twice a week. This was bound to happen. Everyone here knows that you were meant to travel, you two were meant to travel after a whole year at UNILAG."

Wow, my mum has always been the fire. Take no nonsense kind of woman. She literally has dropped everything out of the bag.

I had no excuse; I do not think anyone has since she was right.

"Mum I am okay. It was a one-time thing. About the school we can figure something out."

I pleaded but everything just went from fry pan to fire.

"one-time thing Hakeem? God! You almost died in that one-time thing, ki ni mo so gana (what am I saying?) you died and thank God you woke up again. We lost you for a brief moment and you expect me to open my eyes down and watch you until the next time you won't wake abi?"

Mum said with tears in her eyes. It was dad's time to console her and my time to look down like a baby being scolded, yeah and that was literally what's happening.

"Tinu, calm down."

Dad said.

I really wished Mercy was not here and was also grateful that she was because her hands, her presence was what was keeping me calm right now.

"I do not want that to happen. Again. You are my son! And parents are not supposed to bury their children and I won't bury you. I will not accept that. After this holiday and school year is over you are going. Period."