Old acquaintances in Rhodes

Arthur's arms are wrapped around you, your head safely nestled on his chest. He looks so at peace when he sleeps that you could stare at him for hours. His face lightly dusted with a 5 o'clock shadow, looked angelic, his scars perfectly framing his rugged features.  Arthur was a large guy who could and often did, instill fear in any man he wanted to but to you, he was gentle, soft, and sweet. You press a light kiss to his chest as you remember how he soothed you yesterday, his arms instinctively tighten around you.

 You press a light kiss to his chest as you remember how he soothed you yesterday, his arms instinctively tighten around you

Photo credit: Instagram Sadiexarthur

As you settle back against his chest you're struck with the sudden urge to pee.

"God damnit." You mutter to yourself. Why was it always when you were so comfortable?

Sighing, you untangle yourself from Arthur, maybe if you're quick you can get back in bed before he's up. Pulling on your clothes you pad quickly from the tent in search of relief.

"Morning Y/N. How're you feeling after yesterday?" Abigail asks, pouring herself a coffee by the fire.

"Better thanks."

"Dutch was outta line yesterday, you've been through enough." She comes closer cradling her coffee in her hands.

Glancing around to ensure no one can hear she leans close, you can smell the coffee in her cup, scrunching your nose as the smell sets your stomach-churning.

"Look, John told me, he and Arthur have been talking about Dutch

"Look, John told me, he and Arthur have been talking about Dutch. They're worried about the way he's acting, John said they're planning on getting us out. Starting fresh just the five of us, or maybe with a few of the others if they want."

Your eyes widen, Arthur wanted out too?

"We'll talk more later, I gotta go get Jack up. Just keep your head down." She smiles at you before heading over to her tent.

A fresh start. You'd been dreaming of this for so long, long before Blackwater, long before Colm, long before realizing Dutch had changed. Fear of what would happen to Arthur if he continued as Dutch's right-hand man had outweighed your own selfish desires to live a normal life with him. A life where you and he could own a small home, with your own land, maybe even get a dog. Your domestic dream had been just that, a dream, but now Arthur wanted out too. Your mind races as you stand by the fire.