Rage at Colter

Arthur's POV

The door slams behind Y/N as he watches her go. He pinches the bridge of his nose, sighing.
'Goddamn it Arthur.' He scolds himself for not speaking up.

He'd just got you back and already he'd upset you. His old thoughts of self-doubt about not deserving you begin to resurface. The door creaks back open

"Y/N I'm s-.... Oh Dutch, hey." Arthur deflates.

"Trouble in paradise son?" Dutch chuckles.

Son... He clearly needed something. "Dutch not now please, I gotta talk to Y/N." He makes for the door, but Dutch holds his hand on it.

"Arthur, son this is about the gang. It's important Y/N can wait."

"Dutch..."

" Arthur, we're in trouble. Y/N is going to vent with Charles. You can talk when she's cooled off." He drops his hand from the door.

Arthur sighs defeated, pinching his brow again. "What is it Dutch?"

"It's about the money, in Blackwater. The money we lost... It wasn't all of ours."

"What d'you mean it wasn't all of ours Dutch? What did you do?"

"I took what was owed Arthur, for Annabelle!"

Arthur's eyes widen as he realized what Dutch was implying. "YOU TOOK IT FROM COLM!?"

Dutch flinches before composing himself. "We needed the money; we got the money. We..."

"-...We lost the money! Dutch, what do you think is gonna happen now!? Colm is gonna retaliate!"

"I have a plan." Dutch held out his hands as if calming an angry animal.

"You always have a goddamn plan. In case you forgot, that's why we're here.!" Arthur was seething, growling as he shook his head.

"Arthur I don't have time to explain we're losing time. I just need you to trust me.

"Mmmm..." Arthur growled again glaring at Dutch.

"Arthur please, the gang needs you."

Sighing Arthur pinched his brow again. "Jesus Dutch..." He pauses before continuing with a sigh. "Lead the way."

Two days later The job was a train, Arthur should have known, it was always Dutch's go-to

Two days later
The job was a train, Arthur should have known, it was always Dutch's go-to. He, Bill, Micah, and Dutch held up a train, it had gone as planned but the law has chased them longer than anticipated leading them to a day of doubling back.

"So, cowpoke... Gonna go get your dick wet to celebrate? I don't know how you keep it in your pants around Y/N if I.."

"Shut. the. Fuck. Up. Micah." Arthur grits his teeth. Already sick of his shit.

"Oh c'mon, I was only joking. But seriously she'd make a fine whore."

Arthur loses it pulling out his revolver and whipping Bodecia around her nose snorting in protest at the sudden jerk. "I swear to god I will blow your goddamn brains out!"

Dutch calls back from ahead, "Will you two settle down, something ain't right here."

Reluctantly Arthur unclicks the shot, glaring at Micah before turning his horse back around.

They're a few yards from camp, able to see the buildings up ahead. It's noon and normally everyone would be indoors eating lunch, keeping out of the cold, but instead, they're outside. There's a frantic air to the camp, everyone is rushing around and yelling.

"Aw shit what is it now?" Arthur hears Micah groan behind him.

Dutch kicks the Count on faster, Arthur close behind him.

As they close in on the camp, he can see something is wrong

As they close in on the camp, he can see something is wrong. Abigail is crying, and Susan consoling her. John is out of bed despite his injuries standing over a table with Hosea, Pearson, Strauss, and Charles. All of them are laden with weapons. Ready for a fight.

"They must have gone this way after" he hears Hosea say, looking over a map. 

They dismount, walking to the table and Arthur feels the panic rise in his chest. His eyes begin scouring the camp, darting from figure to figure, but he doesn't see you. Charles lifts his head as he hears the group return.

"He's back." Charles declares.

Dutch is the first to reach them. "What's going on?"

Charles's eyes shift to Arthur's, a deep frown on his face. Arthur sucks in a breath. Something isn't right. They all look up, faces deep with concern.

"Arthur..." John starts.

"Where's Y/N?" He cuts him off. He needs to see you first.

"Arthur listen..." He continues.

"John where is she!?"

John looks to Charles, almost looking for him to continue. Charles' head has a nasty gash. Cleaned but still weeping and angry.

"Charles what's going on." Arthur pleads, his chest rising and falling rapidly. "Please where's Y/N?"

Charles crosses around the table standing before Arthur. He grabs his shoulder holding him firm.
"Arthur they ambushed us. I tried to stop them, but they outnumbered us. I said she was my wife, I tried to protect her, but they knew who she was."
"What're you saying?" Arthur's voice low and dangerous.

Charles swallows before continuing. He knows that his next words will start a war. A war he doesn't know if they'll survive.

"Arthur the O'Driscolls took Y/N."