Two Fathers in Rhodes

A/N: warning slight smut

"Arthur Morgan, you get your sorry ass out here now!" Grimshaw's shrill voice disturbs the blissed-out atmosphere of the tent.

Arthur groans when his dozing is disturbed, his hands coming up to rub the sleep from his face. He looks down at his chest to where you're peacefully sleeping, your new engagement ring sparkling as it catches the light. He's lost for a moment in the sight, you are sleeping in his arms, the promise of being his wife glinting on your finger, the life he helped create growing in your womb. Lifting his hand as gently as he can he brushes a loose strand of hair from your face before dropping his hand to your belly.

He wasn't around when Eliza was pregnant, so he has no idea when he'll begin to feel the baby move, trying to think back to when Abigail was pregnant, he remembers she was much rounder when she complained of Jack kicking from within. He couldn't wait to see you around and full, the image causing a smile to creep across his face as he thought of how beautiful you'd look.

"Jesus woman, can't you give them a moment's peace?" the rasping of John's voice immediately pulls him from his thoughts.

Grimshaw wastes no time in turning on John, their bickering becoming white noise outside the tent and effectively ruining any chance he had of returning to his peaceful state.

Sighing he closes his eyes and pinches the bridge of his nose in frustration, muttering to himself, "No goddamn peace in this place."

"I'd get out there before she comes in here and drags you out." you groan, attempting to bury yourself further into Arthur's chest.

Feeling you awake and your heat against him Arthur is in no mood to move, instead, he turns and draws you in closer, completely engulfing your body against his as he slips a knee between your legs. You gasp at the contact as he brushes against a particularly sweet spot. Noting your reaction, he pulls you closer with a hand on your hip, grinding your core against his upper thigh. You whimper at the movement, your hips taking over the movement as the wetness between your legs begins to grow.

"There she is. So good for me, there you go darlin', find your pleasure." His voice is deep as he drawls out praise for you, encouraging you to ride his thigh harder.

All too quickly you're becoming a panting mess as he continues to whisper in your ear. His hands still guiding you against him he presses wet kisses along your neck as he senses you drawing close to your peak.

"That's it. Just like that. Keep going for me, sweetheart."

You feel yourself tipping over the edge, your body going ridged as you begin to sigh his name breathlessly.

"Arth-. "

"Arthur Morgan, if you're not out here in five seconds, I'll come in there and drag you out myself!

Groaning loudly in frustration you cease your movements and press your head to his chest, your orgasm effectively chased away by Susan's screeching.

Arthur can't help but chuckle as he strokes your hair sympathetically before swinging his legs from the bed and pulling on his jeans. "I'm sorry darlin', I'll make it up to you later."

Still grumbling to yourself you follow his lead and get dressed, your movements jerky and agitated as you feel the frustration of orgasm denial settle within you.

"Took you long enough." Susan greets you as you follow Arthur from the tent, smoothing your hair as you try to hide any evidence of yours and Arthur's mischief.

Susan isn't a fool, however, casting you a judging eyebrow before continuing with her agenda.

"Mr. Morgan, we have much to do to prepare this place for a new baby, but first..."