Forgiveness in Rhodes

A/N: So it's been so long since I updated and I I'm sorry! I started back at work this week from Christmas and I have been swamped. I hope you enjoy this chapter.

"Sweetheart..."

"Mmmmmnngh"

Arthur chuckles, his fingers tucking a stray piece of hair behind your ear, you never were a morning person. "Y/N, sweetheart. It's morning."

"Mmmmngh......No.....too early." You pout and try to pull the blanket further over yourself.

Although you were a nightmare to take on hunting trips because of your aversions to early starts, Arthur loved when he saw you like this. Your hair, softly tousled, your eyebrows set in a soft frown, and your lips pouting and oh so kissable. He can't resist as he leans down and steals a kiss, your lips chasing his as he straightens.

 He can't resist as he leans down and steals a kiss, your lips chasing his as he straightens

Photo credit: Instagram sadiexarthur

"If ya want more, you'll have to get up."

You blink your eyes open, the offer of morning kisses outweighing your desire to sleep, but Arthur is fully dressed and smiling down at you, his back, and hips already laden with weapons. Shit. It was that morning.

"We're riding out soon, they're just finishing up with the horses and then we go."

You nod and quickly rush to get dressed, feeling the familiar knot in your stomach that only comes when Arthur is about to ride out on a job. You hated mission days because you knew you were in for a day of worry, glancing at your fingers nails you sigh, knowing they'd be chewed to shit by the time he got back.

Following Arthur outside you see the camp is buzzing with energy. Susan, being her usual self, is barking orders at the girls. Their frowns indicate that she may have been particularly demanding this morning. You bite your lip holding in the smile as this is confirmed when Susan turns her back and Karen offers her a particularly rude hand gesture. John, and Charles, are finishing up with the horses, as Dutch and the rest of the men gather to finalize the details of Arthur's plan.

Arthur had been meticulous about the plan, leaving no room for error, he wanted Colm and his men dealt with swiftly and quietly. Removing any threats to your safety was always his number one priority, his second was giving you the life you wanted, the life he now wanted too.

"Sweetheart, I gotta go check they're ready. I'll be back to say goodbye." He kisses your knuckles and heads over to the group. The knot in your stomach didn't let up as you watched him walk away.

"So, I'm guessing you didn't tell him?" Abigail crosses her arms as she steps beside you.

'Not this again, you think to yourself. "No, Abigail, I ain't saying anything unless I'm sure."

She drops her arms, "So you agree, you think you could be? If that's the case Y/N you have to tell him, and you better do it soon. He's about to ride out and kill a man, the least you can do is tell him he could be a Father! What if he gets hurt?"